test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Picking up an object, making it dissapear and making the next appear.

vanlichtensteinvanlichtenstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Here is what I want to do:

1. Object X can be found on that map, but has no trail running to it.
2. When you interact with object X you get a dialogue that alows you to study it, pick it up, leave it alone.
3. When you pick it up object X has to disapear and a item looking like object X has to appear in your inventory.
4. When you have object X in your inventory, object Y will become visible but will show no trail to it.
5. When interacting with object Y you are transferred to another map but without object Y saying "press F to go to another map"

So is any of this, or all of this possible?
I really dont want any trails running to the objects.
I want the player to be able to axmine the object (so have dialogue) and then take it with him.

Is this possible or not?
Post edited by vanlichtenstein on

Comments

• zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    to get rid of the fairy trail, go to the story board and click on the objective. There will be a drop down menu with the options of area, point, none. Choose none.
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
  • notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Here is what I want to do:

1. Object X can be found on that map, but has no trail running to it.
    2. When you interact with object X you get a dialogue that alows you to study it, pick it up, leave it alone.
    3. When you pick it up object X has to disapear and a item looking like object X has to appear in your inventory.
    4. When you have object X in your inventory, object Y will become visible but will show no trail to it.
    5. When interacting with object Y you are transferred to another map but without object Y saying "press F to go to another map"

So is any of this, or all of this possible?
    I really dont want any trails running to the objects.
    I want the player to be able to axmine the object (so have dialogue) and then take it with him.

Is this possible or not?

1) Disable the marker (must be objective to have marker)
    2) Set objective to Inspect Object. Use dialogue to manipulate this.
    3) Set "pick up" as end of dialogue chain that advances quest. Duplicate X, set initial visibility as Immediate/Objective X Complete. Set duplicate to Objective X Complete/Never. This will trade the objects out.
    4) Set visibility for Y to Objective X Complete; disable marker.
    5) Set Objective for Y as you did for X. Allow the dialogue to fully end and advance quest if/if they have object.
    6) Add a new component, will call Z. Z is a portal clicky. Set visibility to Objective Y Complete. Set Map Transition to portal clicky. I don't know off top of head if this will force clicky to be visible always, I think it does. Not really that big of a deal since the transition won't be an option until Y is interacted with and X has been completed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • vanlichtensteinvanlichtenstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you both VERY much!! :)
  • vanlichtensteinvanlichtenstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One more question,

I'm not getting a "pick up" option at the end of a dialogue chain. Only "fail story objective"
  • notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Item drop is an option in dialogue. It may not be for non npcs. In that case just be creative and have Y spawn when X complete. Or phase Y with a dummy Y.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R