test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction House questions

daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've not used the auction house to actually post any sales, and I have a couple of questions before I do so:

1) If I put up a stack of items (say 5 enchantments) for sale, is the price I set for them for the entire stack or per individual item?

2) Is the posting fee in addition to the 10% sales "tax" or is it subtracted from it?

3) Is there a way to modify or cancel a posting after putting an item up for auction? What if there's been a bid made?

4) And, finally, is there a way to cancel a bid you've made on an item up for sale?

D.
Post edited by daervon on

Comments

• Options
    bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1) Full stack
    2) Sales tax is collected upon sale based on the amt it sold for, fee is collected before posting
    3) Yes. No.
    4) No
  • Options
    daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you :)

With regards to my second question though (about the posting fee) I am still unclear... I understand that the fee is collected before posting and that the sales tax is collected upon sale, but here's where I am unclear:

If I make a posting with a starting bid of 10.000 and a buy-out price of 15.000 I'll end up paying 200 as a posting fee and then also lose 1.500 (10%) from the buy-out price? Or will the game only subtract 1.300 from the buy-out price since I already paid 200 upfront?

If it's the first case it just feels a little unfair I guess, since you're in essence taxed twice.

Anyway, cheers!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's not tax =)
    The reason for the fee is to keep bid amounts down and to prevent people from posting 1-1 items. (Although I've seen some items I couldn't bid on with 0 values...but that's probably a bug)
    Both are good AD-sinks too so really a much-needed thing to keep inflation down.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Perfect timing! I was just about to ask a similar question.

I want to buy some gold coins, somebody has a stack of 10 for sale for a buyout price of 50 AD. I wasn't sure if I would get all 10 coins for 50 AD or whether each coin was priced at 50 AD. By the sounds of it, I'll get all 10 coins for 50 AD, is this right?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Perfect timing! I was just about to ask a similar question.

I want to buy some gold coins, somebody has a stack of 10 for sale for a buyout price of 50 AD. I wasn't sure if I would get all 10 coins for 50 AD or whether each coin was priced at 50 AD. By the sounds of it, I'll get all 10 coins for 50 AD, is this right?

Yes, no math is required to play NWO ;)