test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

connecting maps

slatraslatra Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I was thinking the "teleport" function was the best way to switch from one map to another within a quest. That's not working for me atm. maybe i did something wrong maybe someone has a better way.

How do you transition from one map to another? multiple maps are usable in a single quest?
Trading reviews with anyone that is willing to leave a comment/review in either of the following quests:

Hell Gate NW-DT6I0MSEZ Great for a small group of 2-3 friends

Hell Gate: Return NW-DERICH2GY Quick and Simple Hack & Slash
Post edited by slatra on

Comments

• mamatankmamatank Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    I'm no expert, but here's what I think are the answers to your questions:

1) The teleport tool is just a way for you to connect 2 sections of the same map through unconventional means.

2) You cannot use the same map twice, but there is a map copy function. Be aware that it fully copies every aspect of the map so prior planning is key. Good DM's plan the entire quest on paper before starting to make it in the foundry. The proper way to duplicate a map is to fill it with all the flavor items, copy it however many times you need your player to return to it during the quest, and then fill each map up with the quest specific stuff as you fill in the details of your quest.

I hope that helps (and I also hope that I'm not wrong on any of those issues - I'm pretty new to this myself).
  • rathenau15rathenau15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Indeed. Moving from one map to another can only be done in the story tab with a map transition and every map has to have at least one objective on it. Currently I haven't found a way to let people backtrack without a story objective, if anyway does find a way please be sure to let me know.