test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3 Things You Wish You Found Out Sooner, In Neverwinter!

herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Let's keep it Short & Sweet! Genuine, Helpful Posts Only Please! This thread was inspired by a young Trickster on Beholder who tipped his hat to me after sharing these very same tips to him.

I will start us off with my personal favorite. It amazes me how many people are not using these options.

#1 Fast Launch - This is an option that can be selected from the Launcher "Options" Screen Only. This will make it so that after patching, your game will start up immediately (no more having to click that PLAY button). This is great for those of us who like to try and save every click that we can. We are not lazy, we are trained to Min/Max!

#2 Disable On-Demand Patching!!! - Probably the most important tip. My girlfriend/ gaming partner for life experienced lag and "Server Not Responding" messages in-between zones (only new ones). Well, this game will attempt to download each new map as you are entering from that loading screen, and this was wearing on our patience. Well, it did not take long to find a fix online and that fix was to "DISABLE On-DEMAND PATCHING!" This is done from the same Launcher "Options" Menu. This will then have you install the remaining map files for Neverwinter (1890MB and roughly 30 mins for us), but upon completion, she has instant loading between zones. Gameplay is much smoother without the constant loading and leveling is going much better!!

#3 Zoom-out!? - In-Game... type /gfxsetdefaultfov 75
BREAKDOWN 2 BASICS: GFX = short for Graphics!
set default speaks for itself
FOV = Field of Vision!!!
Use any # Value, but 75 will work best :) Try fov 100 and prepare for a migraine

Try them, post your own, show some love.
So says the wise old herbtrader.
Post edited by herbtrader20 on

Comments

• aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Wish I knew specing tank as tank was useless 50+
    That is pretty much it really.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What armour sets are for what setup.

What setups there actually are.

You can out level content.
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    To wait a year when the game is less buggy and more quality of life improvements are in game!
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wish I knew clerics would be in such high demand.
  • protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Appreciate the on demand patching section. Was having a similar problem downloading maps sometimes, hope things run smoother afterwards :) Thank you man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Speccing being very important. I didn't mind spending some diamonds for a token, but I didn't take my choices seriously.

That's all fixed now =)
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • morgue17morgue17 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great thread, keep them coming!

Heres a couple simple ones:
    /showfps 1 = enable framerate to be displayed in the corner!

Shadows and antialiasing are the biggest fps sucks, turn em off and watch it jump! Do this to avoid scaling down resolution which sucks :(
  • auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wish I'd known Wisdom wasn't the best stat to max as a Cleric.

Oh, and I wish I'd known about the Neverwinter Gateway earlier. It's great for crafting on multiple characters.
  • flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wish I would've known about the GF exploit sooner.
    Who wouldn't want to make an easy 6-grand?
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any idea how to get the FOV setting to "stick"?

Changing it in the game pref file doesn't work.
  • joormodejoormode Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You also can force directx 11 in options for better graphics , if your card support it.
  • eroximoeroximo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Any idea how to get the FOV setting to "stick"?

Changing it in the game pref file doesn't work.

Same question , Also how to see latency / ping in game?
  • eycezeycez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jdnyc wrote: »
    Wish I knew clerics would be in such high demand.

So this is your first MMO? Welcome
  • eroximoeroximo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Bump For A Good Topic*
  • oldesargeoldesarge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Odd no one mentioned these, I just started playing on Friday.

Level 10 you can start professions The Sgt in protectors gives a quest to get you going in the right direction.

Level 11 you can start doing invocations which sometimes give you astral diamonds. The Sgt also gives a quest to get you going.

Level 4 you get a small box in the mail go to the postal courier in protectors to pick up the box.
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    joormode wrote: »
    You also can force directx 11 in options for better graphics , if your card support it.

Wait wait, this game does not utilize DX11 by default?????
  • oldesargeoldesarge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    few more tips

Level 10 rix next to the wonderous bazaar vendor starts giving daily quest for diamonds. Foundry daily make sure the foundry quest you do has text at bottom identifying it as eligible for the daily.

diamonds can be converted to zen for store purchases using the icon on top of your game screen, its third from the left.

out of identification scrolls, you get them at the wondrous bazaar vendor.
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Delete mail at the postal courier so you do not delete items AD by mistake.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If i knew that the economy in the game would be exploited so badly i would never have spent any money on this game.

The prices on the AH are ridiculous. Pvp will be a joke with the few people stacking greater enchants. Level playing field NOT.
  • skuldarnskuldarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I wish I knew they'd take my money for a Guardian Pack and not deliver what I paid for and not reply to the tech support ticket I put in for that issue. This is becoming the worst game support experience I've ever had.
  • mistysummermistysummer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    As an avid rper and D&D player I would like to see...

More emotes for instance being able to sit on a chair.
    More cosmetic enhancers! ie: armor, appearance, weapons.
    More skills applied and made useful. ie: Lore, listen, spot, taunt and so on.
    Showscreation.png

"Blindness is a private matter between a person and the eyes they choose to use. For there are none so blind as those that do not listen dalharil"
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you use the pull down menu while slotting Runes/Enhancements. Runes and enhancements in your bank are also available on the list. So its worth storing them rather then carrying them around. They will still be available.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    #1 = I wish I knew of the AD exploit first, could use the 6 grand!
  • nekhiinekhii Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was excited for the game until a friend told me about Perfect World :o
  • arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. I wish I knew that there were going to be so many economy/game breaking exploits.
    2. I wish I knew that there would be no timely response or meaningful communication from the devs/support to these economy/ game breaking exploits
    3. I wish I looked up Perfect World's track record (shame on me)
  • yablorkinyablorkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oldesarge wrote: »
    out of identification scrolls, you get them at the wondrous bazaar vendor.

No need to run back to the Protectors Enclave for these. Use the control bar, 4th from the left for instant Wondrous Bazaar access.
  • krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Wish I knew customer support didn't exist.
  • foosoofoosoo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joormode wrote: »

How do i do this?
  • gonrgonr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can get and turn in any daily quests by hitting the L button and selecting daily quests from there. This lets you talk to Rhix directly without actually going to him. You can even turn in those idols from the lockboxes in this way.
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I can zoom out in-game?

You, sir, are my hero.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.