test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ranger and Warlock

tenchi2k1tenchi2k1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
These are the next class's that will be released, correct? Dev's or Admins, add a Sticky with current Est time on when these class's will be out. if you don't know. wake up the ppl that do and get the answer from them. none of the class's are fun for me, so i want to know aprox when the new class's will be ready.
Post edited by tenchi2k1 on

Comments

• Options
    drizzt1814drizzt1814 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MMo companies love keeping their secrets until all things are battened down and solid... so, ofcourse you won't be hearing anything about these classes until an official announcement is made.

In fact, the only thing we have to go off of for archer is an Icon that was datamined.
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    obama wants his new classes, better give it to him
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I want the Ranger class...right now.
  • Options
    falgrimmfalgrimm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ranger aside why should the warlock be its own class. Things like warlocks, necromancers and even the cw should have been a sub-class of the mage class.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There's been absolutely no confirmation on whether those will be the next classes or not. :)
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nope just scourge warlock gear and data mined stuff so rumors they stay until theres official word
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    falgrimm wrote: »
    The ranger aside why should the warlock be its own class. Things like warlocks, necromancers and even the cw should have been a sub-class of the mage class.

Doesn't work that way in 4E for Warlock. The class is separate to show a distinction as to where their powers come from. wizards learn it through study and warlocks bargain for it with demons, fey, the critter from the far realms and so on.

Necromancer though seems to be a build option for Wizard just like Control Wizard is.

Build options for those who don't follow 4E rules is just a suggestion path for you to build a class around. in 4E you don't need to use build options at all. But here in Neverwinter, Crytpic is using those very build options as the classes. That is why you see Control Wizard and such instead of just Wizard or Fighter.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish they would just give us a slight hint as to how much longer.

Like, a year from now? Or a few months? Or MAYBE sooner.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i start doubting there will be a warlock...its entirely possible the class was planned at first but removed, thats why some stuff is in the game but not the class...
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game hasn't been out a month yet. We have to be patient. This is Forgotten Realms. I promise you it's worth the wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    tenchi2k1 wrote: »
    These are the next class's that will be released, correct? Dev's or Admins, add a Sticky with current Est time on when these class's will be out. if you don't know. wake up the ppl that do and get the answer from them. none of the class's are fun for me, so i want to know aprox when the new class's will be ready.

<Meme Removed per RoC>

Can't say I agree man. Enjoying the game a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There's been absolutely no confirmation on whether those will be the next classes or not. :)

Oh so you didn't see the scourge warlock items dropping during closed beta?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Oh so you didn't see the scourge warlock items dropping during closed beta?

That does not confirm the fact they will be the next class released.
    There has been absolutely no information given from Cryptic about future classes.
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That does not confirm the fact they will be the next class released.
    There has been absolutely no information given from Cryptic about future classes.

True, the could build another class from scratch but how high are the chances. :p
    Massively(04/19):
    There are five classes at launch. Are there any other classes you're working on that you're not prepared to discuss yet?

Andy Velasquez(lead producer)
    We've already started work on classes six and seven. In fact, class six was really close to making it for the launch of the game.

One of the things we're trying to do with Neverwinter is to ensure that we don't just put out tons of stuff but put we put out things of high quality. It wasn't that class six wasn't good -- it's actually many of the developers' favorite right now -- but we wanted more time to focus on the launch and make it awesome. We figured that if the classes we released were really good, people would stick around to see what comes later, as opposed to if we put out a bunch of classes that are whatever, then nobody will care when we say that class 10 is coming next month.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/19/massively-exclusive-neverwinter-pre-launch-interview-part-one/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What i asked for was not a Suggestion, it was not a Debate on if it was Offical. It was a command. do it or get rid of the game, NeverWinter was degined to have alot of class's. not just 4 lame ones. Now get someone to post the upcoming class's on a Sticky
  • Options
    xaerostrikexaerostrike Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenchi2k1 wrote: »
    What i asked for was not a Suggestion, it was not a Debate on if it was Offical. It was a command. do it or get rid of the game, NeverWinter was degined to have alot of class's. not just 4 lame ones. Now get someone to post the upcoming class's on a Sticky

you forgot to mention that you will quit if they do not meet your demands...
  • Options
    cookiebraincookiebrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warlocks, druids, RANGER, and fire starter... New classes.
  • Options
    hex3dhex3d Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    I wish they would just give us a slight hint as to how much longer.

Like, a year from now? Or a few months? Or MAYBE sooner.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/module1

That's the teaser page for the first content update. Take from it what you will.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Without first knowing what will be in the new content there can hardly be an ETA on the content.

So far that teaser is all we have. I am sorry but you, like me, will have to wait a while longer. :)
  • Options
    fermifermi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's really no benefit to Cryptic to announce a date. If they're off (pretty likely in a beta situation), many folk will complain. Even if they're dead on, some folk will simply not play until then... and how is that to their benefit?
  • Options
    dawgtidedawgtide Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the bard? Have they ever mentioned that?
  • Options
    dasaint66dasaint66 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should release these classes ASAP so they can be tested and dont end up like the GWF.
  • Options
    dasaint66dasaint66 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should release these classes ASAP so they can be tested and don't end up like the GWF.
  • Options
    spexifyspexify Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A spirit mage could be a new char, it would be completely different from a mage as it would summon familiars to fight it and do its bidding as the mage sits and stands back as it is defended by its guardians/familiars
  • Options
    gamerman121gamerman121 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    look around at the mobs you are fighting. In other games this has been used a sneak peak on what classes are to come. I've fought tons of warlocks and they have plenty of unique abilities so I bet we will see them soon.
  • Options
    tormenator1377tormenator1377 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Monks please!!
  • Options
    mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote for death priest/lich or something like that
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You have no idea how hard I will ride the devs' collective dicks if there's a pact-blade option for Warlocks. You don't even know.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Without first knowing what will be in the new content there can hardly be an ETA on the content.

So far that teaser is all we have. I am sorry but you, like me, will have to wait a while longer. :)

As i am tring to say. Wake them up, the Dev's who know the Offical information. Throw water on them if you have to. Slap them upside the head if you must. Just get them to give us the Information and i don't mean in two or three weeks. If you have to, lock the Dev's out of their own programs till they feed us the Infomation that is important.
  • Options
    gnome08gnome08 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warlock and wizard are very very similar, id like to see classes added that vary from what already exists first, ranger or bard are my first choices. warlock would be sweet dont get me wrong, but i want more variety faster personally.