test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Puzzled...

jeburgosjeburgos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So, here's the thing... I go into the Karr Nevrim quest with a lvl-12 wizard, no problem. I then go with a lvl-12 rogue, a breeze... Then with a lvl-11 cleric, piece of cake... But then go with a lvl-12 great weapon fighter, and get killed twice, and haven't been able to complete it yet! What's going on?

Regards,

Jos
Post edited by jeburgos on

Comments

• hertruelovehertruelove Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my personal experience, GWF is very weak during the levels 5-16 or so, and really comes back to shine when it reaches level 20.
  • drpicklewhipdrpicklewhip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use the cleric companion all will be well
  • isdavisdav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use the cleric companion all will be well

Not to be picky, but that is generally hard to do before level 16 when you get your first free companion....

(Yes technically one can have a companion at level 4 if they buy one, but not many people have 2g even before level 16.)

But on a more serious note, that is just sort of how the game works for soloing, if you don't have a gimmick to make boss fights easier (IE rogues being able to get free damage on bosses taking away half a bosses health or more in stealth while not taking a point of damage as the boss can't attack you, or freezing/ccing every 5 seconds, aka Control Wizards, etc) you will likely have to resort to duo'ing with a random from the zone sometimes.

It only gets worse by the way, so don't be surprised to have to group even on rogues etc at the higher levels for the "boss" quests from time to time.

GWF for that matter are probably the WORST class in the game for soloing, no block, clunky dodge mechanic, no major CC, mediocre defense, no huge burst to burn bosses before they can kill you, no real self healing....you get the idea, so to be frank, learn to type /zone LFG "Insert Quest Name".