test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damage numbers coming off mobs.

riotrangerriotranger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Are the damage numbers coming off mobs showing your total damage, not just each hit? Because when my control wizard was around 25, I first noticed this during a dungeon when my magic missles just kept rolling up to like 2-3k each hit; unless there's a buff I am not aware off that can boost your damage by around 7-8 times :?
Post edited by riotranger on

Comments

• anubis136anubis136 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both. The damage numbers initially come off as the damage from that single attack, but they will float up and combine into a cumulative total as you keep attacking.
  • riotrangerriotranger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any way to remove the cumulative damage (I can't log in atm)? I'd rather see how much I actually contribute.
  • borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    riotranger wrote: »
    Is there any way to remove the cumulative damage (I can't log in atm)? I'd rather see how much I actually contribute.

my exact concern here. is there any way? It's rather annoying to see cumulative damage that I'm really just considering turning them all off as there is no options at all.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    my exact concern here. is there any way? It's rather annoying to see cumulative damage that I'm really just considering turning them all off as there is no options at all.

Type "act neverwinter" in google
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, multiple hits from the same power will stack up. Some people enjoy seeing the total damage done, while I think others would prefer to see all the hits individually.

I do think it would be a cool interface upgrade to have the option to see damage numbers from the same source "bounce" over top of each other, instead of stack.

But most of the damage floaters are there to give you a quick idea of how much damage you're doing, and also add to the fast-paced feel of combat. Part of how things pop up is purely part of the experience.

If you want a real idea of exactly how much damage you're doing, you need to run a combat log parser, like ACT. This is a screenshot from months ago, but here's what ACT will output for you.

YtZBTOa.jpg
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    But most of the damage floaters are there to give you a quick idea of how much damage you're doing, and also add to the fast-paced feel of combat. Part of how things pop up is purely part of the experience.

Thank you for the suggestions. Problem with the way it is right now (showing 2 sets of numbers for 1 attack, & gets worse when you have Life Steal making it show 3 sets of numbers for each attack) is that when fighting multiple mobs so many numbers show up that it becomes incomprehensible what is actually going on and really take away immersion. It's sad how they give us so little options.
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You're asking a wee bit too much from an indie game. Addons would fix this, but.... it's not an addon game.
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    -- and really take away immersion.

IDK, seems pretty legit not having time to pay attention to minor details when fighting multiple foes...
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Holy smokes, what a necro.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.