test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Solo) Hell L60 Control Wizard PvP Video (2v1)

Comments

• famexx1famexx1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saythin wrote: »
    I honestly pray to god they dont in the state the game is in now. :(

Fighting AFK'rs/Quitters in the same 2 BGs makes me go something... something.. @_@

Game isn't too bad though... Some need slight tweaks but the key to winning and being successful is coordination and teamwork. Some classes are less dependent on other members to succeed (CW/TR) while others (GF/GWF) are more team-oriented classes. I fought against a dual GWF / GF / Healer / CW premade with our 3-man premade and they constantly bee-lined me and once my blinks were gone it was GG, and they had great damage mitigation - in the end we still won because they were zerging base to base too much while we played strategically. ;)
  • saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    famexx1 wrote: »
    Fighting AFK'rs/Quitters in the same 2 BGs makes me go something... something.. @_@

Game isn't too bad though... Some need slight tweaks but the key to winning and being successful is coordination and teamwork. Some classes are less dependent on other members to succeed (CW/TR) while others (GF/GWF) are more team-oriented classes. I fought against a dual GWF / GF / Healer / CW premade with our 3-man premade and they constantly bee-lined me and once my blinks were gone it was GG, and they had great damage mitigation - in the end we still won because they were zerging base to base too much while we played strategically. ;)

My biggest issue is class stacking.l if was only allowed one per team I'd understand. the fact that there are no DR's and that a specific classes ability can stack with the same effect with another person of the same class is bogus.
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Fruitful how? Selling glory? You can work the AH and do better or you can run dungeons and sell the gear as well. The only thing that really requires being "good" is running the dungeons since pugs seem to struggle at anything outside of cloak tower.

For getting 1st place in BG you get the chance as BiS belts.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For getting 1st place in BG you get the chance as BiS belts.

Hmmm....I actually did not know this. Thanks. I'm usually guarding and clerics in general don't get points unless I decide to stop supporting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This doesn't show we are OP. This is a daily power not an at will. TR can do the same thing.

This isn't a 1:1 game. Balance is in teams, not if someone can one shot you.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danxbx wrote: »
    This doesn't show we are OP. This is a daily power not an at will. TR can do the same thing.

This isn't a 1:1 game. Balance is in teams, not if someone can one shot you.

In a 5v5 game, small scale battles matter. You don't really need the daily either, just ray of enfeeblement in mastery since it adds so much damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dreadedcobradreadedcobra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    In a 5v5 game, small scale battles matter. You don't really need the daily either, just ray of enfeeblement in mastery since it adds so much damage.

The 1 shot mechanics in this game are pretty silly

nice video though, was fun to watch :cool:
    edited May 2013
    The 1 shot mechanics in this game are pretty silly

nice video though, was fun to watch :cool:

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It would be nice if PvE gear was for PvE and PvP gear had PvP oriented stats. (Such as X dmg reduced in PvP or X dmg increased etc. That might be a step in the right direction after tweaking certain abilities (without overly nerfing a class into oblivion). Also it's a shame that some of these hacks were detected early on in the game (and have been around in some of the previous titles this company has worked with) and they weren't fixed. I hope it doesn't hurt the player-base too much after this stint, I love this game so far and will be sticking around unless they don't fix some of these game-breaking issues. Nothing worse than a company that just doesn't care or keeps making the wrong decisions about which direction to take the game.
  • divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It would be nice if PvE gear was for PvE and PvP gear had PvP oriented stats. (Such as X dmg reduced in PvP or X dmg increased etc. That might be a step in the right direction after tweaking certain abilities (without overly nerfing a class into oblivion). Also it's a shame that some of these hacks were detected early on in the game (and have been around in some of the previous titles this company has worked with) and they weren't fixed. I hope it doesn't hurt the player-base too much after this stint, I love this game so far and will be sticking around unless they don't fix some of these game-breaking issues. Nothing worse than a company that just doesn't care or keeps making the wrong decisions about which direction to take the game.

I'm going to have to disagree with the bolded part there... Resiliance was a god awful idea in WoW and it's still a god awful idea when you move it to other games. A far better solution is to simply apply damage dampeners when attacking other players, not tacked onto gear but just in general.

Also doing this would effectively make Guardian Fighters worthless in PvP because our PvP gear is for whatever reason complete **** for PvP (not a single piece has damage stats if I recall correctly, and I know none of them have any crit at all) if we were forced to wear it for a PvP damage reduction stat we would just be walking meat sacks with laughable damage.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously it is NOT Glacial Knife that needs a nerf, since you yourself were on the receiving end of it and were getting hit for far less. It's the double Rays, and on one instant there was another CW who also threw a Ray at your target.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Just want to add something about the "lol oneshot" vibe. From what I have seen so far in pvp pretty much every class can spec for at least ONE big hitter. It's not just CW or TR. Clerics can do big burst if they spec for it too (although unlikely), and a GF with Knigth's Challenge can easily 1-2 shot a CW or TR. Dunno about GWF but I have seen them hit considerably hard in PvP as well. If anything you could complain that damage in PvP is too bursty in general once you get past a certain gear level, but that's true about most MMOs I have played lately. Just giving a "flat PvP damage reduction" isn't really going to work though as long as you have classes that can heal themselves, unless you severely diminish healings too.
  • vipersteakvipersteak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    Just want to add something about the "lol oneshot" vibe. From what I have seen so far in pvp pretty much every class can spec for at least ONE big hitter. It's not just CW or TR. Clerics can do big burst if they spec for it too (although unlikely), and a GF with Knigth's Challenge can easily 1-2 shot a CW or TR. Dunno about GWF but I have seen them hit considerably hard in PvP as well. If anything you could complain that damage in PvP is too bursty in general once you get past a certain gear level, but that's true about most MMOs I have played lately. Just giving a "flat PvP damage reduction" isn't really going to work though as long as you have classes that can heal themselves, unless you severely diminish healings too.

ye people think its just the CW or TR that hits hard but the truth is that they just have an easier chance of getting their dps out, where GWF suffers from mobility issues and GF relies on KC for high damage.

video is a great showcase of what a CW is capable of in the right hands, but I'm sure any class can do this if the person utilizes it fully in the right situations.
    edited May 2013
    vipersteak wrote: »
    ye people think its just the CW or TR that hits hard but the truth is that they just have an easier chance of getting their dps out, where GWF suffers from mobility issues and GF relies on KC for high damage.

video is a great showcase of what a CW is capable of in the right hands, but I'm sure any class can do this if the person utilizes it fully in the right situations.

CW with enfeeble just has such an easy time putting out damage it is silly. There is some L2P issues, for instance clerics abusing the hell of cleanse will go a long way, but in general, the CW gets a lot of damage additives in its rotation that makes things die incredibly quick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    By the way, have you tried icy rays instead of COI in your combo? I have it on rank 2 yet I think I kill people easier with it.
    The bad thing is you have to click it twice which can be a pain if your ping is high or you get interrupted etc.
    edited May 2013
    zefsgr wrote: »
    By the way, have you tried icy rays instead of COI in your combo? I have it on rank 2 yet I think I kill people easier with it.
    The bad thing is you have to click it twice which can be a pain if your ping is high or you get interrupted etc.

Ice Rays is a great spell, I am currently trying it out instead of CoI and it's working pretty good. So yes, you can swap it out as you see fit. I tend not to restrict myself to certain set of abilities, sometimes I'll use push - sometimes shield - sometimes ice rays - sometimes coi etc... Just have to be flexible. :)
    edited May 2013
    Just realized I played a game with you and Heaven earlier today, also 2 other people from your guild - Ghost and Shadow (maybe darkness? memory is fuzzy on that one) I believe it was.
    edited May 2013
    divenity wrote: »
    Just realized I played a game with you and Heaven earlier today, also 2 other people from your guild - Ghost and Shadow (maybe darkness? memory is fuzzy on that one) I believe it was.

It's Heaven, Hell, Ghost & Darkness... We split our teams earlier Heaven & Hell vs Ghost & Darkness and that was when I realized how insanely OP a well-geared rogue is in the right hands. Now I know why teams keep going AFK against us, demoralizing getting 1 shot constantly. I could take them on 1v1 but when they teamed up it was game over - I can only blink so much lol! I also think Knife throw does a tad bit too much damage, anyone else agree? =P
  • whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How did you do that your daily killing in 1 hit?
  • krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome video! Make more in the future! Loved it.
    edited May 2013
    It's Heaven, Hell, Ghost & Darkness... We split our teams earlier Heaven & Hell vs Ghost & Darkness and that was when I realized how insanely OP a well-geared rogue is in the right hands. Now I know why teams keep going AFK against us, demoralizing getting 1 shot constantly. I could take them on 1v1 but when they teamed up it was game over - I can only blink so much lol! I also think Knife throw does a tad bit too much damage, anyone else agree? =P

Yeah, when I played with you guys I don't think the other team got more than 7 points, it was pretty much a complete stomp.

On the knife throwing... sometimes it seems like they can hit decently hard, and sometimes they hit like a wet noodle...scales a bit too well with gear maybe.
  • therealludnqkatherealludnqka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if know how to play and with the right gear like he is you can **** every class with every class and beat people 1v2 1v3 even ... EVERY CLASS CAN BE OP
  • oldwaysreturnoldwaysreturn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, thank you, thank you OP. I have been saying this to everyone who complains. Even though you get rooted in the game from using a skill does not mean you can not/should not kite people. Mobility is king. Encounter powers kill. Get the heck out of the way.

Oh and good video show casing using LOS and mobility.
  • dreadedcobradreadedcobra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if know how to play and with the right gear like he is you can **** every class with every class and beat people 1v2 1v3 even ... EVERY CLASS CAN BE OP

CW definately... TR definately... GF maybe... GWF not really (mobility issues with attacks)... DC I don't think so.
    edited May 2013
    CW definately... TR definately... GF maybe... GWF not really (mobility issues with attacks)... DC I don't think so.

GWF are good in the right hands, they just have a high skill cap. Sure they have a handicap, but that's what makes them interesting. You need the right spec / gear as a GWF and you'll be able to compete as the underdog.
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Granted, I'm not one for PVP on this kind of game, its been many many many years since I even thought about PVP. But this post made me reconsider my old ways...might look more into PVP Wizard now...

EDIT: Also I am curious as to what you use gear wise? Do you just use PVP Gear as armor, also what Orb do you use?
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
    edited May 2013
    spikespire wrote: »
    Granted, I'm not one for PVP on this kind of game, its been many many many years since I even thought about PVP. But this post made me reconsider my old ways...might look more into PVP Wizard now...

EDIT: Also I am curious as to what you use gear wise? Do you just use PVP Gear as armor, also what Orb do you use?

The set I use is the Shadoweaver since each piece gives a crit bonus + 2 piece crit bonus. Crit is a great stat to have any toon! Try to reach near the 40% + mark with crit / recharge. I'm using the Ancient Court Magister 2 piece T3 Orb also to help boost my recharge up to 40%.

Offense - Azure (Crit) Defense - Radiant (HP) Utility - Dark (Movement) Weapon - PlagueFire (45% defense debuff) Armor - Soulforged (5 sec immunity)

I'm currently sitting @ 31.9% crit and 45% recharge - it's pretty hard to get the crit any higher unless you got allies who give crit bonus.

Best of luck to you, PvP is the most fun aspect of any MMO for me as long as it's done right. I started off with DAoC though so PvP has been close to my heart. Some people started with EQ and they're more PvE oriented players but I don't like fighting computer generated mobs with an attack script, unless I need the gear. I prefer fighting someone who has a brain and can react and think - more challenging. =)
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nice video, thanks.

BTW to the people crying about CW being OP especially after watching this video- my CW does not even do half the damage Hell does. There is obviously a big gear-gap at level cap at least. The control spells and team synergy are the highlights for my CW, no way i could 2vs1 with my current gear (just the glory pvp gear), but my CW is very useful with a good team behind it.
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Nice video, thanks.

BTW to the people crying about CW being OP especially after watching this video- my CW does not even do half the damage Hell does. There is obviously a big gear-gap at level cap at least. The control spells and team synergy are the highlights for my CW, no way i could 2vs1 with my current gear (just the glory pvp gear), but my CW is very useful with a good team behind it.

CW is not as OP as a TR, I've been recently playing a TR and let me tell you can 3v1 - 4v1 easy without breaking a sweat, it's ridiculous how OP TR is in the right hands. =/
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    CW is not as OP as a TR, I've been recently playing a TR and let me tell you can 3v1 - 4v1 easy without breaking a sweat, it's ridiculous how OP TR is in the right hands. =/

Is this at level cap and fully geared?

(Look forward to the TR vid!)
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Is this at level cap and fully geared?

(Look forward to the TR vid!)

Yup! Will be a week or two before I finish it up. =)