test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A couple of things that, could be better; Mail, Personality

mhelivormhelivor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Everyone knows the mail system have been really bad.
Its seems that now I least don’t get my STO mail. But the mail button constantly are flashing you got mail, and you don’t. I did a test open all my mail just to see if the flashing stop. All 200, and yes it did for about 20 sec. So I have to check did I get a mail.... No I did not.
Mail 2 things, Highlight the text on non-read mail. And if they can’t making the flashing work as it should disable it.

Personality;
In a cryptic game as STO you don’t see many Toons running around looking the same. So why make the new game worse in this. It did not bother me so much in the beginning, that i could not color my clothes because the dye pack was to hard to get or expensive. But now it’s a grey world. Yes armor differs, but not much. But the worst part is that making your Toon look special, is so thin. I first thought I run in to the same Fighter over and over again. But sadly it was different once, but all look the same, same beard, same hairstyle, since most hair clipping armor, and he had same armor.

The bull’s-eye look is afoul, and since I don’t have a free mouse I can’t inspect things, or persons, without pushing B-button, and even then I only get free mouse but can’t click on things.

Come on, all this can’t be because of money.
Post edited by mhelivor on

Comments

• Options
    badatmathbadatmath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is alot less in this post than i thought there would be.

That personality paragraph, i understood the whole "everyone looks very similar" cos lets face it, pretty much 6 total types of armor sets for the entire game for each class from 1-60.
    You cant really argue this. (except maybe the GWF weapons.. srsly..)

But after that the rest of the paragraph seemed to trail off asif you were drunk, or im drunk.. one of is probably drunk.

What you want my money? gimme yer keys im driving.
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One reason everyone looks similar may be simply because they rush through character creation without bothering to do any customization, after all how much time do you actually spend in game looking your own self in the face?

Dye packs, they drop, just rarely. Don't think I've seen any drop in a week or so.

But, you can do some customization if you have some AD to spare. Got some unbound armor from a lower level that you really like the look of? You can skin your newly acquired (better stats) armor from it, the look carries over.

I see dyes on the AH too, so again, save up some AD (You should be able to make 10-30k in an evenings playing normally without trying too hard).

There's a thread in here where folks are showing off their customization. Here's my main, at level 45 or so, just to show what's *possible* for a custom look.

elnwnaxe.jpg