test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review required for 2 new quests - 3 Suns Aligned / Holy Symbol of Khyber

pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi
Pavvo here, long time reader, first time poster!

I have just created and uploaded a couple of new quests

3 Suns Aligned
NW-DFEKZANXF

Holy Symbol of Khyber
NW-DU3HEVWJ7

Both are part of separate campaigns. You can find more info about them via their own page in the Foundry Spotlight section of this forum (Links included above)

I would appreciate a rating and review of my adventures! :) Leave a note here about yours and I'll review it too!

Cheers
Pavvo

Quests reviewed
thesecondseven*NW-DDZ6NDJ9W
todocaldo - "Easy Coin... Right?" NW-DFGF2UXQH

Quests pending review
Tomb of Wernar by @Lya: NW-DJGYNI7NH
The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
#1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
#2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
#2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
#1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
#2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
Heavy combat/light story
Post edited by pavvo on

Comments

• pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Updated both maps :)

Heavy combat/light story
  • todocaldotodocaldo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reviews are in:

Holy Symbol of Khyber: 3/5 stars
    Straightforward little romp, good start but would like more detiails though. But maybe that is coming later :)
    Combat was challenging and fun, nice job spacing the encounters though you will get some complaints about stacking hard encounters.

3 Suns Aligned: Incomplete

After the battle with the Shock Devil I received an option for "go to next map". I chose that and was sent back to Protectors Enclave with no quest and no prompts to get back to it. Maybe this is a Cryptic error and will show back up. If so I'll be back to finish the review.

All in all fun so far, keep up the good work!

If you'd like to help me get out of Review Hell as all please play and review "Easy Coin... Right?" NW-DFGF2UXQH

Thanks!
  • thesecondseventhesecondseven Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will check yours out right now!

Here is mine - NW-DDZ6NDJ9W
    edited May 2013
    Thanks very much! I will indeed make those changes. I have had more than one person tell me about the scenery. Will check it out.

Todocaldo, which Shock Devil? The one in the cave? Hmm, the go to next map should send you back to Blacklake district. Will have to check. Thanks for the comments.

Heavy combat/light story
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the comments todocaldo and thesecondseven

Todocaldo, I have tried your quest but was stuck at the Remove Corpse part. There was no indication of where to go next, had to quit the map after searching the spider eggs and clearing the goblins.

thesecondseven, I've reviewed yours! Thanks!

I have edited my maps in response to your feedback

3 Suns Aligned
    Changed objective so you will be have to find the map back to Blacklake District after killing the Shock Devil
    Changed the scenery and mob spacing in the 2nd and 3rd map. (I think you'll like what you can see now:))

Holy Symbol of Khyber
    Added music to the fights.
    Rearranged the mobs to prevent encounter stacking.

Thanks! Please help to review :)

EDIT: Todocaldo, I tried redoing your quest. Cleared the map of goblins and some small groups of spiders but am still stuck. Maybe enable quest tracking for that portion and put that somewhere further in?

EDIT: Todacaldo, I tried your quest again and managed to get past the spider bit. Missed the last group the other time. After the next part, it asked me to return to Protector's Enclave. When at the overhead map, there were 2 Protector Enclaves? Maybe have it autoport, instead of choosing since it's meant to go to a prominent area. Also, at Protector's Enclave, I was able to talk to Alrica but it stopped after that. The quest was not in my log, but the items were and an attempt to redo the quest was met with "You are already on that quest". Can't seem to complete it :(
    There is a known bug - In short, don't use the overworld map when travelling back to Protector's Enclave, it will bug out. Sorry I couldn't leave it a review. The quest is now lost, I will check back time and again to make sure it doesnt bug out. Cheers

Heavy combat/light story
  • todocaldotodocaldo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pavvo wrote: »
    EDIT: Todacaldo, I tried your quest again and managed to get past the spider bit. Missed the last group the other time. After the next part, it asked me to return to Protector's Enclave. When at the overhead map, there were 2 Protector Enclaves? Maybe have it autoport, instead of choosing since it's meant to go to a prominent area. Also, at Protector's Enclave, I was able to talk to Alrica but it stopped after that. The quest was not in my log, but the items were and an attempt to redo the quest was met with "You are already on that quest". Can't seem to complete it :(
    There is a known bug - In short, don't use the overworld map when travelling back to Protector's Enclave, it will bug out. Sorry I couldn't leave it a review. The quest is now lost, I will check back time and again to make sure it doesnt bug out. Cheers

Thanks for your efforts... I've redone the end of the quest and removed the need to travel beck to protectors enclave, hopefully it will work as intended going forward. Perhaps I need to make the spider search easier as well but adding waypoints takes all the fun away :) I will definitely think on it.

Again thanks for your efforts.
    edited May 2013
    Hi todocaldo

thanks for the fixing those. Unfortunately, I didn't even manage to get that far until I encountered another bug.
    In the Tappers tavern, when the villager barged in, there is one corner of the tavern which sparkled. When I clicked on that, it brought me to Protector's Enclave with no way back :(

EDIT: 4th time's the charm :) Have just finished your quest and left a review! The inn at the end was a much better idea than finding her again. Thanks todocaldo

Heavy combat/light story
  • keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm about to try these two out. My quest's in my signature! :)
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks keylord02, I'll get right on it :)

EDIT: Left a review. Very good quest. Not often you see a quest with so much adventuring. I bet a lot of planning went into that. Keep up the good work! If I could offer, one small comment - Maybe some music in the tombs would be nice. Cheers

Heavy combat/light story
    edited May 2013
    Finished! Here are the reviews:

Holy Symbol of Khyber
    Short and sweet. I'd like to see more little flavor junk items populating the cathedrals so they feel more accurate, but that's personal preference! Wave combats handled in the way that you chose to do it made it really challenging for my little thief, but I think that other classes will probably have an easier time of it. I dunno about clerics though! Good job, all in all!

3 Suns Aligned
    I'm glad I did this one second because it has a lot more TLC going into it. I loved the use of Blackwater as a hub, but that can sometimes bug out(or at least it used to?) Either way, it didn't for me, so that was good! Lots of demon/devil fights which is always good fun. One oddity was that I was dazzled when I ended up in the cave, because it's REALLY bright on the campfire. That's one of those things that'll end up looking different from computer to computer, though. Overall, the encounter design was as solid as the first one, but there was more "meat" to the quest overall, so excellent work!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
    edited May 2013
    pavvo wrote: »
    Thanks keylord02, I'll get right on it :)

EDIT: Left a review. Very good quest. Not often you see a quest with so much adventuring. I bet a lot of planning went into that. Keep up the good work! If I could offer, one small comment - Maybe some music in the tombs would be nice. Cheers

Thanks for checking it out! I might have to double-check, but there shooould be music playing when you enter the tomb. I know that sound effects are bugged, but I thought music worked fine. Sadly, I found out about the bug after I'd already tested and built it, so I have fanfares and magic noises and rubble crashing down and stuff but no one can hear it, haha!

I cribbed a lot of the basic layout from an old beginner module, but adapting things for the Foundry was really hard and very educational! Also tough is that you can't just drop a random potion of healing or +1 dagger reward for when the player does something clever, so I had to improvise!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya