test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interesting Image in an older Forbes' Dev Interview

ninjanick2012ninjanick2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, I was looking around the internetz today and I happened upon this old article on Forbes. It was an interview with the developer. I had already read the article back when it was published. It doesnt say anything relevant at this point, but the image accompanying the article caught my eye. Specifically, what is IN the image:

NWN2.jpg

1) varied and interesting equipment appearances
2) a Wizard with a staff equipped. (guess it could be the unreleased warlock class)
3) a Cleric with not only a mace, but a shield equipped as well.

So what gives Cryptic? I understand its "beta," (blah, blah, blah) and you are still working on stuff; however, I am beginning to feel a wee bit disheartened. Can you at least acknowledge the complaints about weapon restrictions. If it is a design decision, I can understand that to a certain degree. But images like this seem to contradict that design decision. Can we get some communication?

What do you forum dwellers make of this image? Thoughts? Speculation? I just thought it was interesting enough post about here.
Post edited by ninjanick2012 on

Comments

• Options
    dagurasudagurasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "cleric" could be a paladin.

Or you could be reading too much into it and the picture displays pre-finalized weapons for classes that we already have.
  • Options
    xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If we're following 4E rules, I would assume that's the other 4E cleric build; Battle Cleric ( melee cleric ) and a wizard build variant like War Wizard. Seeing as the pattern seems to be offering at 2 x 4E class builds per class I imagine Battle Cleric is in the pipe somewhere along with a Wizard variant. Likely War Wizard, as Control Wizard is technically a support role. So there should be a boom boom wizard as well. Although in that case Control Wizard's DPS would likely have to come down upon the introduction of War Wizard so it could assume the primary caster dps role. The introduction of Brawny Rogue would likewise probably require adjustments to Trickster Rogue.

Though who knows, they might throw us Illusionist or Summoner Wizard. Although given companion AI I wouldn't hold out much hope for Summoner Wizard. >.>