test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogue Daily PvP: Why ignore defenses?

grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I am just wondering what the reason for the rogues daily power, not sure what one it is, to ignore armor and defense. I don't see very many bosses in PvE stacking huge amounts of armor, but in PvP this make it so the class can do way to much damage in a single attack. Everyone knows what I am talking about, I am just wondering if taking away the ignore defense and armor portion of the move would be a easy way to fix it. I'm not saying nurf them, don't get me wrong... the move itself even without the ignoring is a huge move being able to crit and the damage part it has, just take into account some defenses and maybe the rest of us might stand a chance.
Post edited by grtaylor on

Comments

• Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This, on top of Armor Pen and soooo many massive defense reduction procs/passives makes it question why I should ever bother using the stat lol.
  • Options
    grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    This, on top of Armor Pen and soooo many massive defense reduction procs/passives makes it question why I should ever bother using the stat lol.

The issue is some classes only have that stat in order to absorb some damage for them. GF and GWF both are made to take hits, they need the defense stats in order to be able to do that as they have no way to dodge or get out of that burst damage. I think a nice easy fix as I said would be to just remove the defense ignore from the daily. I don't know of any other spell/ability that has a 100% ignore on it for defense.
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogue Stealth: Why ignore it? People hitting rogues in stealth mode with aimed attacks (not AoE ones) - GWF's in particular. You see my point, yes? pro's and cons.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    daedracdaedrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    erdokan wrote: »
    Rogue Stealth: Why ignore it? People hitting rogues in stealth mode with aimed attacks (not AoE ones) - GWF's in particular. You see my point, yes? pro's and cons.

Don't be mad I watched you stealth and you continued to walk straight at me.. and all I need is 1 hit to make you pop up every second for a few seconds
  • Options
    sabooziesaboozie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erdokan wrote: »

What attacks? GWF have some attacks that are directional not targeted, well... most of them are I think.
  • Options
    daedracdaedrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    saboozie wrote: »
    What attacks? GWF have some attacks that are directional not targeted, well... most of them are I think.

They're all directional, and occasionally it "smart" targets for a more direct angle, but that's it.
  • Options
    sabooziesaboozie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daedrac wrote: »
    They're all directional, and occasionally it "smart" targets for a more direct angle, but that's it.

All that means is that a rogue in stealth can still get hit by the attacks. You cant see the guy but still are able to damage him. The daily power I am talking about though has no way around it. You just get to get hit by it and die... No matter what as it pass through everything else.
  • Options
    fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Rogues' daily AP takes a very long time to recharge. Very very long.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fakatik wrote: »
    Rogues' daily AP takes a very long time to recharge. Very very long.

Yup, something like once every other fight or so... I don't count that as very long at all for a one shot skill. Now, for a skill that does say... half my health or so, than that wouldn't be to bad.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To put the topic to a point I have not seen one reason that would justify the ignore on the daily (if someone could let me know what one it was)