test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MMOGrinder Review

tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So ChaosD1 posted his review of Neverwinter not to long ago. If anyone wants to know what he thinks about it and spread word of this review, here is the link.
Post edited by tharkan on

Comments

• Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would have to say his review is pretty bang on. If I hear of anyone having questions about the game and if they should try it or not, I will certainly have them check this review out.
  • Options
    mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That and this Reddit post explain a lot, very clearly:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1dry0g/neverwinters_f2p_model_what_you_need_to_know/

I must admit, I've never seen the game's economic system stripped down so clearly.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    I've never seen the game's economic system stripped down so clearly.

Too bad the numbers are wrong.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Amazing accurate review :)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    merlinreynmerlinreyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow an accurate, well done review for a change. A review by someone who actually spent the time to learn how the game works and has played more than a few hours. That's a review site that I'll probably go back to once in a while.
  • Options
    garrisddgarrisdd Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Yeah i actually found it pretty accurate, I agreed with most of his opinions but I would have personally been a bit harder on the cash shop.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Quite thorough review, although subjective in places (imo!). Got a laugh out of the "I need the item, because I need to put it on the AH, because I need the AD" line. But I think his review was a bit colored by those opinions such as loot and the community. People acting immature in a videogame?!? Certainly hit the mark on PvP and some other areas though.
  • Options
    ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merlinreyn wrote: »
    Wow an accurate, well done review for a change. A review by someone who actually spent the time to learn how the game works and has played more than a few hours. That's a review site that I'll probably go back to once in a while.

Par for the course for him :3
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Quite thorough review, although subjective in places (imo!). Got a laugh out of the "I need the item, because I need to put it on the AH, because I need the AD" line. But I think his review was a bit colored by those opinions such as loot and the community. People acting immature in a videogame?!? Certainly hit the mark on PvP and some other areas though.

Not sure why he's surprised by that attitude tbh, what with the publisher making so many things require so much AD and all. Greed encourages greed, who'd of thought?

It was a decent review for the most part, a bit fanboy-ish at times and he's certainly in no position to determine who are "legitimate" players and who isn't. Also, he was way too lenient on the absurd cash shop.