test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most Annoying Things

lofarianlofarian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For me there are currently 3 things which annoys me like hell.

NR1: not able to zoom in and zoom out.
This is extremely annoying when fighting as a rogue and the only thing you see a huge feets and you have to supposedly watch for the red circle ... which red circle everything is red. Where to go ? If would be able to zoom out the thing would be much better and gives you more time to react in time. This makes the fights just overcomplicated and way too difficult. You learn to deal with in end but it is still quite annoying.

NR2: Not able to invite someone in the party when you killed a boss.
What is the reason for this? Effectively it means if someone suddenly leaves because he doesnt feel like it or disconnects for some reason and cant get it, the whole party screwed over. Especially if this is a critical component fo the party (healer, controller). I see absolutely no reason why you should not be able to re-invite someone else.

NR3: After reaching lvl 60 people tend to create another character. So if you need to change character you need relog again? First of all its annoying for the players and second i think it will put unnecessary strain on the log in server.

p.s. Post your most annoying things too.
Post edited by lofarian on

Comments

• kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    aggred to all 3
  • fallenjfallenj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rubberbanding & the snap to targeting ( where u go to target another pretty close to your first target an snaps back to your first)
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the snap to targetting...for many situations. There should be an option to turn it off though.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • fallenjfallenj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea a option to turn it off would be sweet
  • bigg4merbigg4mer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i believe there is infact a command to change zoom i forget exactly somthing like /gfxdefaultset70 or somthing like that
  • thekaras1982thekaras1982 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I am quite surprised by the lack of 'overly vocal NPCs'. I swear, I never felt so happy to see the 'Voice Sound Volume' bar.
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • bigg4merbigg4mer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /gfxsetdefaultfov 70 i believe 55 is the default but people say 70 is better :)
  • voooduvooodu Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh... For me its when i tried to start a new character with a friend.

I couldn't simply start a party and invite him. They wouldn't let me invite him and kept saying im to low level to start a party.

So, I had to start a game... Wait 2 mins for the instance cool down.. Which is boring.

Then, manually find him through the instances list and join him.... Then i had to actually find him, press "f'' to start a party.

That, was pretty annoying.

But the **** SPAM in the that gets plastered by tons of fools is even more annoying.
  • kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Agreed with all the above. I added a few i can remember now, but there are many others:

Annoying thing #1

Endless power to a randomly chosen leader in the party. Enough said, you queue with your premade and the only pugger takes over the leadership and now your premade is hostage to the pugger. He may or not be nice, and may want or not to kick someone who disagreed with him or made something he did not like.

Solution: Make a vote for kicking, where the majority decides if a player leaves or not the group. And make the original leader of a premade to hold on to his/her leadership when queueing.

Annoying thing # 2

PVP grouping bugs of not porting you to the pvp zone, WHILE making you unable to even leave a party after realising you are bugged. If you want to punish a player for leaving too many pvp matches before the end, just MAKE IT OFFICIAL, and block that player from queueing for some time, or do nothing at all. It feels half-baked and needs to be corrected for "the official launch".

Annoying thing #3

The loot spam system in the UI is beyond horrible, it borders the trolling. Whenever a greedy player is on the group pulling every green useless junk for roll, the whole screen get polluted by the unnecessary and exaggerated loot spam windows of need/greed. Yes if someone pulls like 5 items, your screen is blocked by at least 15 seconds, or more. It is a fiasco and needs fixing for the "retail release".

Annoyin thing #4

No grouping system!!! My gosh how this is absurdly annoying. Why not to follow the steps of your dear predecessor D&D mmo called Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO). It is also free to play, and has hands down the best LFG tool i ever seen in my life, and it can
  • kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Alright my post got eaten by some kind of bug in the forum.
  • llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • kardymankardyman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vooodu wrote: »
    Meh... For me its when i tried to start a new character with a friend.

I couldn't simply start a party and invite him. They wouldn't let me invite him and kept saying im to low level to start a party.

So, I had to start a game... Wait 2 mins for the instance cool down.. Which is boring.

Then, manually find him through the instances list and join him.... Then i had to actually find him, press "f'' to start a party.

That, was pretty annoying.

But the **** SPAM in the that gets plastered by tons of fools is even more annoying.

Step 1) Get a voice chat program or a text messaging system outside of the game. (Phones/Whatsapp/Skype/MSN/RaidCall/Ventrillo/Teamspeak/Mumble)

Step 2) Discuss a server to play on.
    Step 3) Login and create character.
    Step 4) First one looks at what instance number they're in and tells the other person on their chat system.
    Step 5) Second person changes to the previously communicated.
    Step 6) Meet at a discussed landmark
    Step 7) Kill and Quest
    Step 8) Profit.

You might have to wait for 2 minutes for the initial transfer timer, but you know you could always talk to your friend.

Everyone should have some sort of communication with the people they are going to play with, outside of the game. Be it skype or mumble or whatsapp a group of people, it helps tonnes. Hell, use Raidcall, it's free.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lizardmen NPC's look awesome !!! We need playable lizardmen .
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The constant stream of questions in Enclave chat, which could be answered by just taking a second to look at 1. the Map, 2. the nice UI buttons that they've covered your screen with, 3. your character sheet.

I feel like human curiosity is completely dead.
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    well i agree for second and third but i even though i play as rogue dont have any problems with this camera mode.I dont see reason to zoom in or zoom out cause this camera works perfect for me
    edited May 2013
    kardyman wrote: »
    Step 1) Get a voice chat program or a text messaging system outside of the game. (Phones/Whatsapp/Skype/MSN/RaidCall/Ventrillo/Teamspeak/Mumble)

Step 2) Discuss a server to play on.
    Step 3) Login and create character.
    Step 4) First one looks at what instance number they're in and tells the other person on their chat system.
    Step 5) Second person changes to the previously communicated.
    Step 6) Meet at a discussed landmark
    Step 7) Kill and Quest
    Step 8) Profit.

You might have to wait for 2 minutes for the initial transfer timer, but you know you could always talk to your friend.

Everyone should have some sort of communication with the people they are going to play with, outside of the game. Be it skype or mumble or whatsapp a group of people, it helps tonnes. Hell, use Raidcall, it's free.

Ugh, no offense but thats not my point.

Point is it should be easy to play with friends from the very start. As in i start game, send invite = the end.

The fact that i have to manually find him through instances, then find him in game and then invite him is pretty annoying.
  • ceanlron1ceanlron1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No trainning manuals for merchant bought companions..yet they are comming soon?..how soon ..i have 3 comps at rank 15 that are now insta killed by 1 aoe and i am only lvl 55...
  • pilfropilfro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no voice emotes
  • theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Pairing up with my wife's characters every time is a pain. We inevitably come in to different instances, have to sit 2 minutes until one of us can swap instances, and then it will move that person to the start of the zone from where we had logged off together, forcing us to traverse the zone to meet up. This is a big pain. They need to handle it more like SWTOR. The moment you accept an invite from somebody in another instance it says "your teammate is in another instance, do you want to switch." You hit yes and you port over in the exact same place.
    edited May 2013
    theodrax wrote: »
    Pairing up with my wife's characters every time is a pain. We inevitably come in to different instances, have to sit 2 minutes until one of us can swap instances, and then it will move that person to the start of the zone from where we had logged off together, forcing us to traverse the zone to meet up. This is a big pain. They need to handle it more like SWTOR. The moment you accept an invite from somebody in another instance it says "your teammate is in another instance, do you want to switch." You hit yes and you port over in the exact same place.

Agreed... Players should not have to hassle themselves with instance cool downs and other things to group up. Its should be a simple click of a button.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Agree with three, altho they may have done this due to what people learned to exploit in GW2. People could in some events and dungeons login to their alt on the same zone, go into a dungeon and double, triple loot the same chest if they did it within a certain time period. That happened in their single day Southsun event, people who weren't affected by the loot nerfs (who effectively get the best loot all the time no matter what) did that with the main bosses loot chest at the end of the event, they logged in and looted it 4-5 times on different toons in the same party and got precursors a very very expensive weapon that people sell on the TP (auction house).
  • einlanzer0einlanzer0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only having one weapon type and 2 at will powers available for each class is probably my biggest pet peeve so far.