test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House Filtering Workaround

mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi everybody.

I found out a way to 'sort' the listings in the auction house using the level filter and other filters that seem not to work.

This is an example of the workaround I've found:
Instead of selecting "Equipment > Head" in the left menu, only select "Equipment".
Then put the level ranges you want (THERE the level range filtering WILL work).
Afterwards, in the place where you can type a specific name for the item you're browsing for, type for instance "helmet", so as to filter out all items not containing 'helmet' in their name.
Be sure to select your class as well in the filtering options, so as not to show items you can't use. The "Only usable by me" tickbox messes up all the filters, so don't use it.

This workaround will let you search. You will see that most items do share their basic names, like "Symbol" for Cleric Weapons, "Boots" for all boots, etc, so you'll be able to look for the items you want.

Yes, it's not perfect, but it's a workaround and better than browsing 50 pages of stuff searching for whatever thing you're looking for.

I've confirmed testing this as of 06:30 AM PDT on May 17th, using the in-game Auction House. Haven't tested in the Mobile one.

I do apologize for my English. And I hope it servers you well!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
Post edited by mievh on

Comments

• aeschillesaeschilles Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice to know .. thank you :)
    * Nothing is constant but change *
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i thought that was just common sense... awkward lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your English is great man, good job
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You just got my vote for * Sticky of the year *
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "Only usable by me" has its uses. Right now that checkbox is bugged as hell and if you just check that box and type in "enchanted key" and click on "Equipment", it'll show you all the Enchanted Keys on the market even though Enchanted key isn't part of the "Equipment" gear. It's beyond broke but a fun way to search for stuff if you don't feel like searching for something in the specific area it's supposed to be in.
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    Your English is great man, good job

Thanks!

It seems the auto-filter used by selecting the tabs on the left is one of the problems.

By the way, the attribute filter won't work either; i.e. looking for an item with +Power won't work. But it's better than nothing!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice tip - thanks for posting!
  • pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not every item shares 'boots' though it does cover a lot. I have been trying to search rare GWF weapons and most of them are called 'berserker' or 'greatsword' but there's also things like sword of carnage or club of ogrekind which you HAVE to know the exact name :(

Your method will help a TON when searching for rings, neck, belt though. Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    pepto22 wrote: »
    Not every item shares 'boots' though it does cover a lot. I have been trying to search rare GWF weapons and most of them are called 'berserker' or 'greatsword' but there's also things like sword of carnage or club of ogrekind which you HAVE to know the exact name :(

Your method will help a TON when searching for rings, neck, belt though. Thanks!

Exactly, that's why I said it will help, but it's not perfect, as some items don't share their basic names, but most do.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Good to know. Appreciate it :)
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Very nice tip. Thanks
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A really useful tip! Thank you for sharing. :)
  • muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In one of my first programming classes, I think I was 14 at the time, I learned in the first few months the value sorting and string sorting routines. How come these guys that make a game that cashes in millions of dollars can't do what an average 14 year old can?
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muceas wrote: »
    In one of my first programming classes, I think I was 14 at the time, I learned in the first few months the value sorting and string sorting routines. How come these guys that make a game that cashes in millions of dollars can't do what an average 14 year old can?

Because they're not working in Basic?
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    edited May 2013
    They probably use another language. I too know it's easy to program those things, but we're talking about simple routines.

As I've demonstrated in this post, if one of the problems are the tabs on the left, it might be an UI issue, or something else. We can't be sure.
  • fenicusfenicus Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Good info...Thanks!
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because this is in c++ not some high level beginner language?
    Because there is also the small point of it having to work online with tons of simultaneous users?
    Because it also has to be secure from clever people trying to exploit it?
    If that's not enough for you then there is also the fact it is in beta which means they haven't ironed lots of bugs yet

OP, thanks a million
    This will help a lot
  • druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this! Will try it with the online gateway, too, see if it works as well.
  • bak0nbak0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Excellent find! Thanks for the info!
  • muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because they're not working in Basic?

I am pretty old, it was FORTRAN.
    Yet they are so lazy and uncoordinated in their (lack of) effort to improve the game.
    edited May 2013
    I am pretty old, it was FORTRAN.
    Yet they are so lazy and uncoordinated in their (lack of) effort to improve the game.
    Please don't spam this thread with that kind of comments, it's not the place. Today's patch fixed many things in the Gateway.
    druga1757 wrote: »
    Thanks for this! Will try it with the online gateway, too, see if it works as well.

Great! Chime in to tell us if it works. To be honest I didn't try the Gateway Auction House, so I'm not sure if it has the same issues.
  • druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    The gateway auction house search seems very good now. You can even select specific sub-categories under equipment and the level range works.
    edited May 2013
    druga1757 wrote: »
    The gateway auction house search seems very good now. You can even select specific sub-categories under equipment and the level range works.

Good to hear. I wish I wasn't lazy enough to post this now... I found out last week.
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been doing this since I discovered how broken it was.

There are still some results that get screwed up though.

And, it's still a massive hassle manually searching for every item, especially if you're dragging things over to sell them, because for some reason they decided to use the same name for items from level 1 to 60.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I can confirm the level range works in the Gateway Auction House, but not within the game. The method I've described works, but it has limitations as previously mentioned.
    edited May 2013
    I bump this thread, it still works and it's very helpful.
  • vectoristvectorist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    Yeah, I can confirm the level range works in the Gateway Auction House, but not within the game. The method I've described works, but it has limitations as previously mentioned.

Thank you for this, I have quite a few search results when I look for an item to use, so this will help greatly.
    Cheers!
  • ephilium666ephilium666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love the quote lol.Thanks for the post and I agree your english is fine no worries mate.
  • juddar1juddar1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where did you download a mobile app for this game ?
    mievh wrote: »
    Hi everybody.

I found out a way to 'sort' the listings in the auction house using the level filter and other filters that seem not to work.

This is an example of the workaround I've found:
    Instead of selecting "Equipment > Head" in the left menu, only select "Equipment".
    Then put the level ranges you want (THERE the level range filtering WILL work).
    Afterwards, in the place where you can type a specific name for the item you're browsing for, type for instance "helmet", so as to filter out all items not containing 'helmet' in their name.
    Be sure to select your class as well in the filtering options, so as not to show items you can't use. The "Only usable by me" tickbox messes up all the filters, so don't use it.

This workaround will let you search. You will see that most items do share their basic names, like "Symbol" for Cleric Weapons, "Boots" for all boots, etc, so you'll be able to look for the items you want.

Yes, it's not perfect, but it's a workaround and better than browsing 50 pages of stuff searching for whatever thing you're looking for.

I've confirmed testing this as of 06:30 AM PDT on May 17th, using the in-game Auction House. Haven't tested in the Mobile one.

I do apologize for my English. And I hope it servers you well!
  • dublindandublindan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome tip! Thank You!