test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount Training AD Cost

runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Wow, I forgot I even made this post. But yeah, its still dumb that it costs so much to upgrade. Anyway, some stuff is still the same. But the current exchange rate doesn't really help this situation. Since someone bumped it I'll edit in some more current/detailed info.

Currently you can buy an account-wide rank 3 (fastest) Zen mount for $25. That means every character you ever make on that account gets the fastest possible mount. At today's exchange rate that comes to about 972,500 AD.

Upgrading a mount from rank 2 to 3 costs 2,064,000 AD. At today's exchange rate thats about $53.

Upgrading a mount from rank 1 all the way to 3 would cost 2,832,000 AD. About $73 at today's rate. :(
The Shadow Wolf mount is rank 1, so in addition to farming the event just to get it: This is what you'll have to spend to upgrade it. For each character that has it. If you want it to be fast.

Some have said, you shouldn't get to upgrade for free. I agree. But there is a lot of distance between where we are at now and free.

One thing that sticks with me about this is the fact that they are selling Zen shop rank 1-2 mounts. Some of which sell for $35. So you buy one of those mounts. Then you'd need to spend the $53 or $73 worth of AD to upgrade it. For every character!

OLD POST:
Seems very high. Like astronomically high. 768,000 to get to rank 2 and then 2,064,000 to get to rank 3. Any chance you guys might lower this someday?

If you buy anything less than a rank 3 mount it costs a ridiculous amount of AD to upgrade it though. Being able to choose your mounts look by upgrading a lower rank mount is nice, but its just not worth it at the moment. Currently its way more than double the cost just to choose a mount look this way.

For example: If you buy a Black Horse from the shop for $8... its a rank 1 mount. The training manuals to bump it up to rank 3 cost about $77 worth of AD*, per character. So you are looking at $85 for that characters mount. Why would anyone do this when you can buy a $40 rank 3 mount that is given to all of your characters.

*Using the current rates on the Beholder shard.
Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
Post edited by runebane on

Comments

• nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    This isn't going to end well for you.

Sometimes I like to just run with stealth turned on instead of activating my mount. I bet I could beat him in a race.

He has bad ankles, I think.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nemonus wrote: »
    This isn't going to end well for you.

Nothing ends well for me... :) I'm just that unlucky. Doesn't change the facts though.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    u can buy lock box mount for 900k ad
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Why would anyone do this when you can buy a $40 rank 3 mount that is given to all of your characters.

You really, really like the way your palomino looks?
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    People who say Rogues shouldn't have a ranged attack in PvP and yet say nothing about these premium mounts being usable really confuse me.
    edited May 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    u can buy lock box mount for 900k ad

Which is about a third of the cost to upgrade a mount. I seriously can't be the only one that sees that as a problem?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both upgrades together: 2.8 million AD
    At the worst possible exchange rate (500:1), that's 5600 zen
    Tier 3 Cash Mount for every character you ever make: 4000 zen

In conclusion - the prices for those upgrades are really messed up.

edit: it's a little fuzzier at the Tier 2 level, since 768k AD would only be ~1500zen at worst exchange rate. So you'd have to save up a bit more for a T2 cash mount. On the other hand, the rate right now is 360:1. That's 2100 zen. So don't buy the T2 upgrade, either.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Tier 3 Cash Mount for every character you ever make: 4000 zen

The armored horse is only 3000 ZEN.
  • tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Where can I buy the mount training?

EDIT: forget it, I found out.
  • bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think the interesting thing is that conversion from AD to zen is around 350-400 so that cost is around 5.5k-6k zen...
  • worgrenworgren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed, way out of wack.
    I'd also rather buy one mount for one character for $10 than one for all for $40, I'd likely do that for each character . . . I have 9 character slots now . . .
    I bought the worg for my half orc and wasn't impressed when I found out how much AD it would cost to make it as useful as my GoN pack mount.
    Ridiculous really.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dont think anyone ever bought those at all Oo
    You can just trade AD for zen and buy the T2 or T3 at a lower cost.
  • sekhmetscorpiosekhmetscorpio Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems very high. Like astronomically high. 768,000 to get to rank 2 and then 2,064,000 to get to rank 3. Any chance you guys might lower this someday?

If you buy anything less than a rank 3 mount it costs a ridiculous amount of AD to upgrade it though. Being able to choose your mounts look by upgrading a lower rank mount is nice, but its just not worth it at the moment. Currently its way more than double the cost just to choose a mount look this way.

For example: If you buy a Black Horse from the shop for $8... its a rank 1 mount. The training manuals to bump it up to rank 3 cost about $77 worth of AD*, per character. So you are looking at $85 for that characters mount. Why would anyone do this when you can buy a $40 rank 3 mount that is given to all of your characters.

This is totally dead on. This NEEDS to be addressed ASAP. These prices are beyond insulting, its intolerable. Its great they have a vast variety of looks for basic 50% speed horses, but its like they don't expect anyone to ever buy the upgrades to maintain those variety of cool looks....they want everyone to buy the 4 purple zen mounts because its cheaper. That's messed up.

I bought a black horse because I loved the visual and for my 3 characters it was going to not only look cool, but save them spending money on a mount, being claimable on all characters. My friend comes along, being of the annoying mindset that wants instant gratification, and he buys me an epic bear as a gift. That's cool because a bear is fast and badassss. But before spending the 3000 zen he gave me on the bear I looked at the currency exchange to see if I could trade the cost of the bear for the cost of the 2 mount training tomes to upgrade my black horse I so love....nope the tomes cost WAYYYYY more than the zen mount. That's messed up! FIX THIS DEVS....oh my gods...FIX THIS...
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But, you see, if they went ahead and lowered the price on those mount training manuals by much, then what incentive would people have to spend real money instead of A.D.?
    Because that's the reason in a nutshell.
    Now, I could see them having a cheaper ZEN mount unlock, say 500-1000 Zen for a Blue (or even Purple) Single Character Mount. They would open up the One-Toon-Low-Cash Demographic, people who would like a mount and either can't or won't spend $40.00 in a game that they just don't have much of a personal or emotional stake in. And this is a VERY large demographic indeed. So more money for them and the Altoholics and Whales will still be lining up for the $40.00 Account Wide Mounts. And maybe this is the thing that BUILDS that attachment in a few more players.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alternative could be cheaper basic training scrolls for basic mounts - that add +10% speed and allow you to switch visuals(limited selection). Lets say 80k AD (~250zen).
  • sekhmetscorpiosekhmetscorpio Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is no that hard. Make the cost of zen mount (which are exotic and/or heavily armored appearances) a special thing to buy IF you want it. They cost what they cost. Make the cost for training about equal to that or slightly less, so that if you want to maintain the appearance you have of your interesting 50% speed mount you can do that, with some achievable challenge. If you choose a more exotic appearance or a great shortcut there are the store mounts, but you should not be at a terrible disadvantage NOT buy zen mounts of the highest quality. There need to be readily achievable in game equivalents.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

The cost is stupid. I calculated 780000/333 (zen rate on our shard) = 2306 zen. Almost the cost of an Epic Zen Mount.
    What's the point in upgrading your current <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mount if you can turn AD into Zen and buy a stylish mount.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Folks

Can some one answer me this

I have the Shadow Wolf, which is Rank 1/2? Its green so im guessing Rank 1 if i buy the First upgrade will it change to Blue Qaulity? and if i buy the second upgrade will it upgrade to Purple Qaulity

Can anyone confirm this please?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Folks

Can some one answer me this

I have the Shadow Wolf, which is Rank 1/2? Its green so im guessing Rank 1 if i buy the First upgrade will it change to Blue Qaulity? and if i buy the second upgrade will it upgrade to Purple Qaulity

Can anyone confirm this please?

Yes that's how it works. Green is basically rank 1. What I read in a previous post was though, some bug where you upgrade your Shadow Wolf; itll upgrade speed/# of hits to knock you off, but the green frame remains. Just a UI bug i think.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited November 2013
    Yes that's how it works. Green is basically rank 1. What I read in a previous post was though, some bug where you upgrade your Shadow Wolf; itll upgrade speed/# of hits to knock you off, but the green frame remains. Just a UI bug i think.

The colors don't match the ranks at all. There are 4 colors but only 3 ranks of mounts. So there are rank 1 (slowest) mounts that are both white and green. Very confusing system. And they don't change when upgraded.

Example:
    The shadow Wolf (Event), The Wolf of the Wild Hunt (Zen) are green. Even though they are only rank 1, just like the white gold bought mounts.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One said they keep the price of mount training high so we go to buy zen ones with real money.
    I say, why don't you add mount training books to the zen store?
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh haha, I was just coming into this thread to post what above poster said. Yeah, why not add the books to the Zen shop, at a net price that makes a full upgrade slightly less than that of an epic Zen-shop mount? Then people will still buy the Zen-shop mounts because they look cooler, and people will buy the upgrades if they're okay with their blander-looking existing mount because it's slightly cheaper than a Zen epic mount. Seems like a good compromise to me.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    One said they keep the price of mount training high so we go to buy zen ones with real money.

Lol this is what i came here to post as well >.<
    21.jpg
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hm... if they did, do you think they'd still set it up so that it's more expensive to use the manuals? Or, maybe, Just maaaaybe they'd put it on par with even the Dusk Unicorn (4000z/all char), even though it would only be for a single mount. It'd be more awesome if it was priced at the Stormraider Clydesdale (2500z/all char) price. But hm...
    contents to be decided
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh well, please do. Just not as expensive as 2m book from WB.
    Maybe 2-2.5k for 3 lvl mount training book would be fine.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »

Good Idea.

Mount training used to be a more reasonable 250,000 AD for level 2 and 375,000 Ad for level 3.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited November 2013
    I could shell out to train the Shadow Mount, but on one condition, everytime i upgrade the mount it becomes bigger, as of now i look stupid on my mount the mount is for halfling, LOL.

So Epic Shadow Mount a lot bigger that green, ill go for it.
  • aunlaeaunlae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Or they could just let you transmute animals like weapon skins. So you could go out and buy the 25-40 dollar mount and transmute the shadow wolf atop it! Every character would have the fastest mount, and every character could have a different looking mount.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    aunlae wrote: »
    Or they could just let you transmute animals like weapon skins. So you could go out and buy the 25-40 dollar mount and transmute the shadow wolf atop it! Every character would have the fastest mount, and every character could have a different looking mount.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?528251-Mount-Skins

Also, if purchasing a Zen mount, or optionally, a Zen mount training pack unlocked any/all mounts you acquired in game to be purple, that would work as well. In effect, locking the mount training level to the account instead of the mount itself. That's a viable solution to add in to the collection of mounts. Re-skinning a mount gets away from the collecting aspect a bit, so they are slightly different solutions to the same money grab problem.
    edited November 2013
    twstdecho wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?528251-Mount-Skins

Also, if purchasing a Zen mount, or optionally, a Zen mount training pack unlocked any/all mounts you acquired in game to be purple, that would work as well. In effect, locking the mount training level to the account instead of the mount itself. That's a viable solution to add in to the collection of mounts. Re-skinning a mount gets away from the collecting aspect a bit, so they are slightly different solutions to the same money grab problem.

Yep. There are many ways they could go about doing it. But something needs to be done. Either greatly lowering the price or scrapping the system entirely for a more practical one.