test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yes! Every class will be free!

aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Some of you had doubt this will happen. But yes. They will be free. Its something...
Post edited by aullah12 on

Comments

• swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Link please? I'm not doubting you, but I'd like to see exactly what they said.
  • aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Link please? I'm not doubting you, but I'd like to see exactly what they said.

I had the opportunity to do an interview with the CEO of cryptic, and they just answered:

"7. There is only one healing class at the moment which won't be enough on the long term. Are there any other healing classes in development?

A: We’ll definitely be adding more! D&D is full of healers – paladins and druids come to mind immediately. We are hoping to add character classes (free!) on a constant basis."

quote from Jack Emmert
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NICE! Paladins and Druids! Oh I can't wait!

When do you get to read your whole interview?
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Free?

Ugh.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nemonus wrote: »
    Free?

Ugh.

Huh?

This is good news isn't it?
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Huh?

This is good news isn't it?

He was joking. :D
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »
    Some of you had doubt this will happen. But yes. They will be free. Its something...

Someone actually doubts that? They obviousy want people to play multiple characters.
  • thekaras1982thekaras1982 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Someone actually doubts that? They obviousy want people to play multiple characters.

Well other f2p games, such as Everquest 1/2, most of the classes have to be purchased. Just an example of people doubting.
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well other f2p games, such as Everquest 1/2, most of the classes have to be purchased. Just an example of people doubting.

Unless I am mistaken, currently their is only 1 class in EQ2 that has to be bought.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

MMOs that used to be P2P work differently though. It's harder to monetize them the same way. Here, almost everything you buy from the cash shop is a single purchase (like inventory space) so it makes sense to encourage people to make more characters.
  • thekaras1982thekaras1982 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Unless I am mistaken, currently their is only 1 class in EQ2 that has to be bought.

Nope, I had to buy the Monk class when I played EQ2.
    calamintha wrote: »
    MMOs that used to be P2P work differently though. It's harder to monetize them the same way. Here, almost everything you buy from the cash shop is a single purchase (like inventory space) so it makes sense to encourage people to make more characters.

Little off topic, but I think that would be nice with a few items in NWO, such as bags.
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to make more characters you must buy character slots, so they won't be totally free lol
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    That's not true... Make a new account... You don't even need to verify the email or anything on PWE. Well apparently you don't have to, which would explain the mass amount of bots usually found in PWE published games...

So, technically, they "can" be free.
  • mrfappmeistermrfappmeister Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    That's not true... Make a new account... You don't even need to verify the email or anything on PWE. Well apparently you don't have to, which would explain the mass amount of bots usually found in PWE published games...

So, technically, they "can" be free.

Not for long, if the don't want to bankrupt^^. Althought I would be curioius how could that problem be solved best.

Btw, any news on Ranged classes?