test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock

damionasdamionas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay

Devs I hope you are well and are reading this first off i would like to say that so far i love the game. But I just can not wait until The warlock class is released. Is there a time frame that you all are planning on diving us this info on this totally awesome class or letting us see info on them. I mean a lot of us have seen the teasing of module 1 all ready and we have thought that this might be part of the release that will be coming when the drow will be given to us in what less than 45 days now if the 60 days from open beta was the true date if not. please better inform us. Also others in my guild want to know when the awesome ranger is coming and which one it is going to be.

Thank you for your time and best regards
15.jpg
Post edited by damionas on

Comments

• mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm expecting Ranger first. Particularly so they can cash in on the whole "Drow Ranger" crowd. I shall be one of them sadly. But I"ll have a unique name, no variation on "Drizzt" lameness.
  • bigdoserbigdoser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >_> I hate ranger I mean the tiefling in the intro was most likely a warlock yet they give us control wizard I want to blast stuff with eldtrich energy and hellfire but they give us ice and arcane.

>____>

Yup waiting for warlock too we know they are coming since people have found scourge warlock drops in the game.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bigdoser wrote: »
    >_> I hate ranger I mean the tiefling in the intro was most likely a warlock yet they give us control wizard
    Looked like a Wizard to me.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Tiefling is as wizardy as can be. (He is probably battlemage as paragon path though :). )

I myself am not looking towards any races/classes. Just more Powertree's to choose from... I dont wantto be a spellstorm mage ******!
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • bigdoserbigdoser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh still would prefer his paragon path over the current one FIRE >>>>> ALL
    edited May 2013
    I think Ranger could have a lot of potential. Having three different combat options:
    Full archer
    Full melee
    Mixed

Being able to alternate between the two would be the selling point for me. Like it wouldn't pull the same DPS as a pure option, but it'd have that variety and adaptability that'd make me fan-squeal.

Personally I'd nerdgasm for a Hexblade Warlock option (Hexblades being a Warlock that uses a pact-blade as their primary form of attack)
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The weapon the Tiefling wields looks like a pact blade to me. Which is a Warlock implement.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cannot wait for warlocks!
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    It be Necromancer First
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    It be Necromancer First
    Necromancers are just a branch of Warlock in the Dungeons and Dragons world.
  • oldwaysreturnoldwaysreturn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25
    edited May 2013
    The next two classes they said will be the "ranged" ranger and the "scourge" warlock. As the GF and the GWF are both warrior/defender class specific types. If they follow suite that means the ranger will not have a melee option unless it says two blades ranger like in the 4th edition rule set. (quick google search found this info)
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »

In 2nd ed and the 3.X games I'm pretty sure Necromancers for the most part were wizards and clerics who specialized in the necromancy school. I'm not sure if WotC officially released a necromancer in 4E, but I remember they planned for their power source to be shadow, like the Assassin and I think the Vampire class. Warlock in 4E on the other hand is an arcane class that get its powers from pacts it forms with other entities. Like demons, the fey and the nasty things in the Far Realm.
    edited May 2013
    In 2nd ed and the 3.X games I'm pretty sure Necromancers for the most part were wizards and clerics who specialized in the necromancy school. I'm not sure if WotC officially released a necromancer in 4E, but I remember they planned for their power source to be shadow, like the Assassin and I think the Vampire class. Warlock in 4E on the other hand is an arcane class that get its powers from pacts it forms with other entities. Like demons, the fey and the nasty things in the Far Realm.
    I was indeed wrong, but not by far. In the rulebook "Heroes of Shadow" Necromancer is just a separate school of magic within one of the other classes (I don't have that rulebook yet so not totally sure)
    I'm talking 4e since that's what Neverwinter is using (the devs said it somewhere, don't have the link). SO it may still be clerics/wizards that are necromancers I just know it's not a class itself, but a subclass.
  • damionasdamionas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump so devs will read
    15.jpg
    edited May 2013
    If we get Pact-blade Warlocks I will personally suck each and every dev's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Twice.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    It be Necromancer First
    There is no such thing, a necromancer is a wizard or a cleric dabbling into necromancy.
    No, warlocks deals with demonic stuff not necromancy.
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    There is no such thing, a necromancer is a wizard or a cleric dabbling into necromancy.

No, warlocks deals with demonic stuff not necromancy.
    Read through everything, I already corrected myself and admitted I was wrong. Like 2-3 posts above you.
    edited May 2013
    Read through everything, I already corrected myself and admitted I was wrong. Like 2-3 posts above you.
    Yeah how often do people actually read the whole thread before responding to a post?

But I saw it after I posted.
  • lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    lilura138 wrote: »

That is homebrew, not official WoTC.
  • damionasdamionas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please stop posting about necromancer stuff in here i was asking the devs about warlocks and rangers not necromancers paladins and anything else. Devs can you please confirm when the locks and rangers are coming
    15.jpg
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damionas wrote: »
    Please stop posting about necromancer stuff in here

Yeah, especially homebrew ones. :P

There is a warlock and ranger glimpsed at the end of the GWF preview video. I believe it's a drow one, and has flames coming from his hands. The ranger is darkened out, but the lock is clear. I couldn't tell what weapon it had though, but the ranger had a bow.

There is a podcast where the devs talk about how they almost had the warlock done for launch, with archer right behind, but not ready for launch, but shortly after. I don't have a link handy though. I hope it's sooner rather than later though, i'm more a caster person and with only CW with one Paragon, getting bored already with what options i have. :\ Heck, i've even rolled another race CW just to have another.

Hopefully that module 1 preview thing updates soon, the teaser is annoying. It's like a teaser of a teaser. They did the same with the romulan expansion for STO, but at least had a countdown to when they would reveal it.
  • thekaras1982thekaras1982 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    But I"ll have a unique name, no variation on "Drizzt" lameness.

Makes me cringe when I see that. I honestly think any character with that name should fine a person 5000 zen credits. -.-;;
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • v4ngelv4ngel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    next class will be out next year..woo im excited !! 1 more year to GO
    edited May 2013
    Re bump for devs
    15.jpg
    edited May 2013
    damionas wrote: »
    Re bump for devs

By all means fell free to keep requesting a response from the Devs, but I'm going to go ahead and guess they wont answer you directly here on the forums about this topic. This seems like something they'd keep for a news release article or something.
  • nychlinnychlin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bumped cause I want a warlock
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    In a recent vid with their producer posted on their twitter account he said they have two new classes on the go at the moment.One close to ready,one some way off.
  • niblnibl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if all these xXxDrizztzxXx, Drozzdz etc. want to be ARCHER ranger, then go on. I have never been keen on this 'dual weapon wielding' "ranger".

I still think that they will focus ranger releasing first -> well we have nature nodes just waiting until someone will be able to gather them (without using kits).
    edited May 2013
    nibl wrote: »
    Well if all these xXxDrizztzxXx, Drozzdz etc. want to be ARCHER ranger, then go on. I have never been keen on this 'dual weapon wielding' "ranger".

I still think that they will focus ranger releasing first -> well we have nature nodes just waiting until someone will be able to gather them (without using kits).
    Actually Nature isn't default for a Ranger, they get to pick between Dungeneering and Nature.