test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Queue System - Bugged or Working as Intended?

cimos21cimos21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello! I would like to preface this by saying that I enjoy playing Neverwinter, and the end game dungeons are fun because they are challenging. Possibly too much of the boss difficulty is based purely on adds, it would be nice to see some other difficulty factors besides just increasing the # of adds...but that is not what this thread is about.

I am not reporting a confirmed bug, I simply want to get a response from the devs as to whether or not this is intended. At the bottom of my post are the questions I have for the devs. Here's my story, thanks!

I am on the verge of quitting this game simply because of the queue system. I spent over 15 hours of played time this week, and I completed 1 dungeon (of which we wiped after killing the Pirate king, and couldnt get the loot or delves chest...because the anchor was not accessible...). Of those 15 hours, I probably spent about 10 in queues, sitting in the Enclave. It was a really fun 10 hours of doing nothing. I would join 3 queues, wait for about 20-30 minutes, and then get zoned into a dungeon with all DPS...and sometimes a tank. Then people would leave and for about 2 minutes, more rogues and CWs will cycle in and out ...leaving because there is no cleric. Finally, after the first 3 minutes, people stop joining, and everyone eventually leaves. Rinse repeat....for 10 hours played time. Never saw 1 cleric, until the 10th hour, where we fought to the first boss, and then someone left the group and we couldnt finish....because the game wouldnt allow us to invite another person....

I am frustrated to say the least. I dont mind waiting 30 min in queue, if it follows with me doing a dungeon for 1-2 hours. But waiting in queue, just to get into a party with no cleric that will break up and force everyone back into queue...is very frustrating and boring.

DEV Questions:

Are the below queue mechanisms working as intended, or are you working to improve/fix them?
- Queue system has no logic built in to pair class types of the PvE triangle together (Tank,Healer,DPS)
- Queue system does not allow players to be added or invited to the dungeon after a certain point (first 5 min, or first boss kill or something).

If you are working to fix/improve these mechanisms, then I have no further complaints. If the queue system is working as intended, then I think you will have major issues as more and more people get to 60. If working as intended, what is the reason you won't allow parties to invite someone to a dungeon after a boss has been killed? I have had people disconnect or leave right before the last boss, which means 4 people get screwed over because of the queue system.

These are gamebreakers for me...as the end game is all about dungeons, and in 15 hours of gametime I got into only 2 dungeons with clerics, and only completed 1 of those. You can't tell me thats working as intended. I know this problem doesnt exist for clerics, and not as much for GFs, but if you are a CW, TR, GWF....and you dont have a group of 5 friends to play with....you know exactly what this post is about.

Long post but thanks for listening.

-Cimos
Post edited by cimos21 on

Comments

• dudezelldudezell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is true. on another note queing for dungeons i get the que get into the party but never get ported to the dungeon... wtf?
  • lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    The queue system in this game is absolute pants. Plus there are so few GFs and DCs that it probably makes it even that much harder for them to solve. As DPS, I've had horrific waits for anything except PVP. Playing my DC or GF, I queue up much more easily.

I have seen all DPS groups in a dungeon before, along with all DPS and a DC or DPS and a GF with no heals. Try doing the Lair of the Mad Dragon like that...
  • lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    dudezell wrote: »
    this is true. on another note queing for dungeons i get the que get into the party but never get ported to the dungeon... wtf?

Last patch broke that. Same with PVP. It sucks when you are down 2 people in a match because 2 people can't zone in. I've had this happen to me personally. Even worse, you are stuck, you can't drop the group. You need to be booted out by the group leader.
  • dudezelldudezell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordbane40 wrote: »
    Last patch broke that. Same with PVP. It sucks when you are down 2 people in a match because 2 people can't zone in. I've had this happen to me personally. Even worse, you are stuck, you can't drop the group. You need to be booted out by the group leader.

yes or relog but i dont wanna relog everytime. and it is bs like i cant do anything but quest as a cleric atm and questing blows as a cleric xD
  • kaladin32kaladin32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dudezell wrote: »
    yes or relog but i dont wanna relog everytime. and it is bs like i cant do anything but quest as a cleric atm and questing blows as a cleric xD

Relogging doesn't always work.
  • rhumorrhumor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue system definitely needs a lot of improvement. There has to be some kind of requirements for filling a group in a queue. For dungeons you will almost always need a tank and a healer. Queueing up for Lair of the Mad Dragon and getting all dps just doesn't cut it.

This is a game breaker for me. If this doesn't get fixed then the next game that comes along that catches my eye will be my last day in NWO.
  • zootsanzootsan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ agreed. Though my main is a DC healer, so I haven't experienced the missing class role problems, (since tanks cant even tank anyway, they dont count) I also find the inability to cycle in replacements for when people drop from a dungeon in progress frustrating. I have had good luck with people willing to give the ol' college try multiple times after wipes on the mad dragon or the werewolf boss, but eventually people leave after being quite naturally frustrated by the insanely /facepalm-ing difficult encounter. It sucks when 4 people are willing to give it another go (which really is the only way to beat these encounters, by ingraining them in your muscle memory, NES style) but one person gets frustrated and wants to leave. Let us que for replacements while in a dungeon already in progress please.
  • purplefly22purplefly22 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried to join a T2 dungeon grp while dungeon dwelves the last hour. Quite funny, after 45 minutes, over 30 groups without cleric/bugs joining team/bugs leaving team... without brakes... i joined a T1 grp that was looking for mates. It may be possible to do some dungeons without a cleric - but using queue to find a group where 5x DD would try that --> lol, never.

So at the moment there are good chances to get a dungeon group if
    *you are a cleric
    *you join a guild, which have a lot of clerics
    *you have friends who play a cleric
    *you open your own grp, when you've already found a cleric
    *you are one of the lucky few who join a grp who have a cleric
    *you are exploiting and do not need a cleric
    *you have awesome mates who try dungeons without clerics
    *and finally - you are not playing a trickster rogue, a grp is looking for DD AND you are VERY fast with whispering before the other 50.000 call

so... YES, that's endgame people! of course that's a game breaker, pvp is full of afk and people who kick others; foundry is nice but not every time; quest chain is finished when you ding 60, or you're very close to finish it.

A possible solution might be: I have no problem waiting for 20 minutes to get into a dungeon, but then all needed roles for a dungeon (and please remember - you invented these roles within this game...) should be present. For groups who decide to play without healer or with 5 of them there will be no problem - they can join with a full grp already; and for other players - hey, well, maybe the get the chance to finish 1 dungeon a day (and believe it or not, that's the situation right now)