test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foreign languages in foundry and alerts

yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Maybe it's a setting I haven't found yet, but whenever a French or German player gets a Nightmare Inferno, I get the alert in French or German.

That's annoying, but not as much as the selection of Foundry quests at a Harper's which only shows quests in a different language. I think it's nice that Neverwinter offers the oppertunity for people to play in their own native tongue, but here should be a filter for those that don't speak it.

my 2cents
Post edited by yerune on

Comments

• Options
    ldillirhldillirh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seconded by me
  • Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is annoying on foundry quests in different languages?

You check it->you dont understand it->you ignore it.

I did some foundry in french(dont know single word french) and it was easy.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You should have the ability to filter the Foundery list for your language or not. Some people want to run quest in other languages so it should be an option. I don't want to have to page though a bunch of quests to find the ones in my language. I don't mind if The alerts are in another language since I know what they are.
  • Options
    sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the foundry UI there are 5 tabs: Best, Featured, Subscribed, New and For Review.
    Best and New have a language filter which works fine for me.
    Featured and Subscribed have no filters at all. But it seems there are always only 9 quests in the featured list: 3 German, 3 French, then 3 English quests at the bottom. If the list always remains that short, a filter does not seem necessary.

Where are you looking that you don't see the language filter? :)
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sindofin wrote: »

Where are you looking that you don't see the language filter? :)

At a Harper's. I didn't find a filter there, but only French quests.

And I like foundry's for the story, not the powerlevelling ;)
  • Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Featured section has a language selection box, it just doesn't do anything. As of a few days ago, it started showing all languages together, previously you could filter by language.