test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I found a very high defense ring, worth anything?

feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I found a blue ring in a chest, and I cannot see even one on the auction house after searching and making sure.

I searched epic rings with defense, and my blue ring is higher than every ring there.

Valiant Ring of Protection
+133 Power
+243 Defense
Offensive Socket (empty)

Most of the epic rings costing 100-500k AD had around 125-130 defense max.

Is this a good ring? It must be rare if none are even listed, worth anything to tanky classes?
Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
Shard: Mindflayer
Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
Post edited by feargx on

Comments

• Options
    feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    It's a level 60 ring as well not a low level one if that matters
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason the def seems so high is because it's a double roll of defense what that means is when loot is dropped the stats are generated from a table, blues get 3 stats, purples get 4 stats (I think maybe more) that's why you see them with 3 different stat types on the market with a socket being another stat. That's how most loot tables work in RPGs these days.

The reason you don't see any on the AH is because people vendor blues for gold and don't auction them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ah okay so its a double defense roll. Would that be useful at all to anyone? I suppose I'll just bank it. Thanks for the info, I was just really curious because I didn't find not one, and it has way more defense. I did read some Guardian fighter forums and they don't really badly need defense stat.

I suppose I'll try find someone who wants it, if not I'll just bank it. The 134 power is high, and double defense, but yes it lacks crit, or armor pen or recovery.