test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about sharing quests with party

sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Last night, my friend and I joined up in a party, and he shared a higher level quest with me. We ended up aborting the quest because we had some bugs that took so long to deal with that I had to leave. Today, I logged in and decided to try the quest again, since it was the only one left in my journal.

It was a little buggy, but I managed to complete it, got the reward, etc. I went back to the quest-giver, completed the dialogue, and instead of progressing to the next one (it's one of the graveyard quests), he offered me the very same quest I had just finished. I know it's not supposed to work like that because I had already done all the graveyard quests with my other character.

So I'm wondering if it's a bug, or if it's because I received the quest through a party member and the game has decided I need to do it all again on my own. Any ideas?
Post edited by sphecida on

Comments

• Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Getting a quest shared with you does not count (to the quest giving npc) as you having it, and completing it. Ran into this a bunch of times while leveling in a group.

Either make sure you pick up your quest yourself, or be prepared to do it again.
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! I figured it was something like that. At least we're on the same level now.
  • Options
    ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I've tried sharing a bunch of quests, none of them could be shared.
  • Options
    bisho77bisho77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is still happening and needs to be fixed. What's the point of sharing a quest then? This is a bug and should not be working like this.