test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

my 2 cents to the gwf balance problem (overall game mechanic problems)

sansibrosansibro Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So hey there, Im playing GWF and I love it srsly, his dmg is totally fine in epic dungeons he totally outdpses cw and is a good mob clearer. So that was the good part.
Every Class in nw has something that makes the class: the tr can nuke like no one else and this alone makes him worth the slot in a group, the gf who can ATLEAST peel for the cleric and tank away some mobs(tbh I think gf has kinda the same prob but thats another story), cleric who is the healer and ofc needed, and atlast the cw who has amazing cc and still really great AOE dps.
So the only classes u can compare are gwf and cw cause they have basicly the SAME role in a group, cw gets outdpsed by a gwf tho so in the first moment u could think, well why take a cw if gwf just kills the stuff faster?
Its true, you outdps every other aoe class yup, but what does this help u if a cw just pushes the mobs down the ledge and instakills them? and even if there is no ledge, they can just perma ult them into the air so they cant even attack oO(there are a few exceptions to this but not many).

So the problem is the UTILITY in comparison to the rest!

So whats the solution to this?
A dmg buff doesnt do anything for the balance of the gwf in comparison to the rest, because cws can still just throw the enemies away.
The only ways to balance gwf are:

-to push his ability to nuke singletargets so he is at least somewhat useful for bossfights

- to change game mechanics(e.g. nerf knock aways/create invis. walls/dont let mobs die from falling off a cliff)

- give him AOE hard cc's and not this ****ty slows.

This is my honest opinion in a pure pve pov, Im a lvl 60 10k gs gwf who really likes his class and just wants to give some insight about my problems with the current balancing, and stating some solutions, instead of just writing: "BUFF DMG BY 100-300% PLX AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!!" Because that is bull****.

tl;dr balance problems in terms of hard CC and off ledge throwing (game mechanics) resulting in class balance problems.
Post edited by sansibro on

Comments

• escarteescarte Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    um no y buff or find a solution from what you said it seems fine to me he deals more aoe dmg than a cw at the cost of less cc >.> seems legit to me i fail to see the problem if you give him more cc he becomes a tankier stronger close ranged cw >.> would just kill the point of a cw so leave him as he is and enjoy the greater dmg hes a guy with a giant weapon how much cc do you think he should have >.> compared to a spell slinger that can shoot ice beams. A class cant do everything otherwise everyone would have that class >.>
  • naevus21naevus21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem with GWF is that he has ****ty encounter powers. Nothing else.
  • sansibrosansibro Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    u guys dont understand the problems of this game: Why would you choose a gwf over anything else for a dungeon? There is not a single reason!
    there are no mobs to deal dmg to, if a cw can just throw them down and they are dead, and there is no need to kill them if they are perma cced because of a cw.
    and it doesnt help that he is tankier than a cw, cause u dont need a tank in this game atm.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWFs can be tanks, CWs not really.
    There, you have your utility.

And don't count on getting hard CC.
    You are Great Weapon Fighter, not Great Melee Controller.

Going by your logic we could ask why get GF into group?
    Same reason, someone have to take the big hits.
    As a cleric I'm fully supporting anyone who does that instead of me and I don't give rats *** about groups opinion on group composition in that matter.

So you have either, the AoE DPS or AoE tanking of trash, pick your utility role because thats what you have and it won't change.
    edited May 2013
    ya and it is the same thing with the gf u are right.there is no need for someone to take the big hits, rogues are the "tanks" in this sense, they have the aggro from the boss. gf are nearly as useless as gwfs.
    AoE DPS or AoE tanking of trash, pick your utility role because thats what you have and it won't change.
    there is no tanking of trash oO I dont know what dungeons u did, but in 90% of them the cw just wipes the trash away or ccs it so that there is no need to tank it. And u dont need gwf dps to kill them cause a mage throws them down or kills them nearly as fast WHILE still ccing them.

I dont now how u can be so ignorant and just say gwf is balanced, cause he is NOT, the only reason u could think so is if u dont know anything about game mechanics. gwfs are utterly useless atm cause he doesnt do anything if there are not 20+ mobs to hit cause u can just instakill them with throwing oO Is that so hard to understand?

there is a reason why the best groups run double cleric, double tr and cw, because there is no trash to fight!
    And don't count on getting hard CC.
    You are Great Weapon Fighter, not Great Melee Controller.

yup a aoe knock down is something no one would ever expect from a guy with a huge 2 hand sword, am I right?
  • snugglemancersnugglemancer Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »

So you have either, the AoE DPS or AoE tanking of trash, pick your utility role because thats what you have and it won't change.
    Ok, then GWFs should get the tools to perform those roles. If we're AoE DPS then we need our DPS increased considerably to make us worthwhile and that would mean that our overall damage numbers shouldn't be anywhere near the same realm as TRs or CWs. IF we're AoE tanks then we need some way to gain and maintain threat against multiple targets. Either way GWFs still have issues that need to be addressed.
    edited May 2013
    sansibro wrote: »
    ya and it is the same thing with the gf u are right.there is no need for someone to take the big hits, rogues are the "tanks" in this sense, they have the aggro from the boss. gf are nearly as useless as gwfs.
    And I can't agree with you here. Unless you try to cheeze it out with 2 clerics, whatever that holds mobs of my cleric is welcome addition to my group.
    sansibro wrote: »
    there is no tanking of trash oO I dont know what dungeons u did, but in 90% of them the cw just wipes the trash away or ccs it so that there is no need to tank it. And u dont need gwf dps to kill them cause a mage throws them down or kills them nearly as fast WHILE still ccing them.
    Yep, because thats his role and yet there are big hitters on healer sometimes that make his life hard. I've been in groups with and without GF and sentinel GWFs, they do make a difference, for healer at least.
    I dont now how u can be so ignorant and just say gwf is balanced, cause he is NOT, the only reason u could think so is if u dont know anything about game mechanics. gwfs are utterly useless atm cause he doesnt do anything if there are not 20+ mobs to hit cause u can just instakill them with throwing oO Is that so hard to understand?
    Not saying he is balanced, saying he got his own role, how he performs that is another story. Ever considered the possibility that maybe CWs overperform?
    there is a reason why the best groups run double cleric, double tr and cw, because there is no trash to fight!
    Its not "best" groups, its "easiest" groups, slight difference.

yup a aoe knock down is something no one would ever expect from a guy with a huge 2 hand sword, am I right?
    You mean.... like.... Avalanche of Steel?
    edited May 2013
    You mean.... like.... Avalanche of Steel?

thats like the worst ability of the gwf, cause it has a 4 sec(?) cast time with a 1 sec knockdown.
    so what happens in this 4sec without a cw? right, everyone dies.
    Yep, because thats his role and yet there are big hitters on healer sometimes that make his life hard. I've been in groups with and without GF and sentinel GWFs, they do make a difference, for healer at least.

thats why I said that GFs are somewhat useful, because they can peel for the cleric, but a GWF cant do this, he doesnt build enough aggro on this "big hitters" + he doesnt have a taunt.

Everything that a GWF can do, is done better by CW or GF.
    Its not "best" groups, its "easiest" groups, slight difference.

Did u ever try a t2 dungeon without a cw? Did u finish it? With the exception of pirate(and even there it is ALOT harder) there is no dungeon where u can do this. So easiest and best are simply the same for this.
    Not saying he is balanced, saying he got his own role, how he performs that is another story. Ever considered the possibility that maybe CWs overperform?

lol. Im saying this all the time in every post that it is totally broken to push an infinite amount of mobs down the ledge, so OFC, the CW is overperforming, because of a broken game mechanic. The whole kit of the wizard is broken because of this.
    edited May 2013
    I was referring to double cleric, not CW. CW and Cleric are must haves, rest are additions.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    he is over nerfed since bw3 even old version was weak but this is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • iamzelpexiamzelpex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree 100%!!

More Singletarget skills for GWF!!