test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Campaign]: Twisted Magic

croffilecroffile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Hello there fellas! I'm fairly new to The Foundry and i have just started to create one of my bigger projects. A Campaign with 4 acts, Act 1 completed -Act 2 playable, yet being worked on, Act 3 is being worked on, and Act 4 is still being written.

Could need a few people to review/test these quests to find bugs, typos and give feedback. Appreciate if you are interested.
(2 players recommended.)

Here are the short-codes.

Campaign: Twisted Magic
NWS-DTVJ92XT2

Act 1: Rodan Dungeon
NW-DOO77VX8P

Act 2: Sekora Mines
NW-DHODFHTQJ

-The Story-

Act 1: Rodan Dungeon
When you were fighting for the people in Neverdeath Graveyard you had a vision. A long lost and forgotten Dungeon called Rodan. Centuries ago a militia unit was sent there to guard the highly dangerous prisoners. The 7th Unit had been there for a couple of days when they realised the Warden Mazal was having strange visions. They took it for granted and went back to their duty, that very night they were ambushed by hundreds of prisoners that the Warden had released upon them. The 7th Unit was overrunned, only one man survived long enough to lock him self up, and later die by his injuries. Mazal killed the prisoners and twisted them as they returned as undead servants. Now you must enter Rodan to solve the mystery, and save the lost souls.

Act 2: Sekora Mines

You've had another vision from Private Nareth. He shows you the Sekora Mines.. It is believed Rezan, the one who corrupted Warden Mazal, has his foothold in these mines. You travel to Blackdagger Ruins and enter the Sekora Mines to bring justice and to purge evil. You also encounter a new friend - Thali Moonshadow. Together you will find Rok's Mallet and destroy the Rezan Orb, and eventually defeat Rezan himself.

Thanks for your time! /croffile
asailorsadventure.png
Shortcode copy: NW-DFQEQQ8H6
Post edited by croffile on

Comments

• Options
    spacebux66spacebux66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just ran the first dungeon; here are a few notes:

1) First objective "rest in peace" isn't very descriptive. I ran by the objective and basically killed most of the mobs in the dungeon before returning to the dead soldier. No, I'm not exceptionally perceptive, but a better objective then "rest in peace" would help.

2) Could not complete the dungeon because I believe the "claim reward" chest is spawning below the floor. Try setting its "Y" coordinate to +20 or so. Also this suggests to me that the dungeon was not playtested before you linked it on the forums.

3) I encourage you to play with ambient sounds, SFX and VFX (sounds and particle systems mostly, but also nifty effects like the dead rising from piles of bodies on the floor), as well as lighting. These are commonly overlooked elements of dungeon design, yet are essential to creating an immersive experience. As the dungeon stands, I'd rate it maybe 3 stars *if* I could finish it, (which I can't because of the end chest). If it were actually a creepy or spooky experience, it could rate higher.

Hope this feedback helps.
  • Options
    croffilecroffile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spacebux66 wrote: »
    Just ran the first dungeon; here are a few notes:

1) First objective "rest in peace" isn't very descriptive. I ran by the objective and basically killed most of the mobs in the dungeon before returning to the dead soldier. No, I'm not exceptionally perceptive, but a better objective then "rest in peace" would help.

2) Could not complete the dungeon because I believe the "claim reward" chest is spawning below the floor. Try setting its "Y" coordinate to +20 or so. Also this suggests to me that the dungeon was not playtested before you linked it on the forums.

3) I encourage you to play with ambient sounds, SFX and VFX (sounds and particle systems mostly, but also nifty effects like the dead rising from piles of bodies on the floor), as well as lighting. These are commonly overlooked elements of dungeon design, yet are essential to creating an immersive experience. As the dungeon stands, I'd rate it maybe 3 stars *if* I could finish it, (which I can't because of the end chest). If it were actually a creepy or spooky experience, it could rate higher.

Hope this feedback helps.

Hey, thanks for the constructive feedback!

Fixes so far:
    - Reward Chest can now be looted and are no longer line-of-sight.
    - Fixed some RP lines to the better.
    - Changed "Rest in Peace" to a more informative quest description.
    - Added more sound triggered events with sounds and looping paths for specific foes.

Thanks again!
    asailorsadventure.png
    Shortcode copy: NW-DFQEQQ8H6