test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fresh 60 Gear

offshore66offshore66 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
What are other Clerics doing (have done) once reaching 60 for gear? I have AWFUL gear right now at 57 (mostly greens that are 5-10 levels out of date and a few blues that are even more outdated.) I had hoped to use PVP gear as a stopgap until I could run dungeons more effectively but whoever itemized that stuff hates or doesn't understand Clerics at all. Life steal and no crit?!

Notes: didn't do dungeons leveling up. Don't want to do dungeons until 60 since I'm trying to catchup level-wise to some friends.

So what should I do when I hit 60?
Post edited by offshore66 on

Comments

• limbwoodlimbwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best way to get geared (the way I did it) is to grind PvP for a day and get the entire set. Once you have that set put some rank 4/5 gems into some of your gear. By now your GS (gear score) should be around 7k, or even higher. Now you can queue up for some tier 1 dungeons and get your purple rings, belts, and neck pieces. Don't worry about your shirt/pants until you are in the 9k+ GS ranges.
  • saivyresaivyre Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you spent all your ardent coins while leveling on uni/drake seals you'd be in position for at least 1 piece of vendor gear as well.
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • crusdelsurcrusdelsur Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just scoured the AH for some good deals on T1 purples or 60 blues, I was able to get 3 pieces of T1 gear for 65k AD, after that just run the starter epic dungeons for the parts you are missing.

Alternatively you can get the PVP set but I don't like the stats on it so I didn't bothered.
  • rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The pvp set is awful, and playing a cleric with greens in pvp is even worse, but you should get the weapon for 5250 glory. That will most likely get you over the 5700gs hump and buff you up quite a bit.

From there you can start doing epic Cloak Tower and Crypts. After you get some upgrades from there you can move up to Throne of Idris. Stay away from wolf den and especially mad dragon until you are much better geared. You may consider buying the gloves outright on the AH since they are cheap as dirt.

Your t1 sets are High Prophet / Divine Emissary / Sacred Hand. Getting 2 of a kind will net you a cool +400 stat bonus which is very valuable (depending on set).

You can also pick up some blues cheaply on the AH. Ex. The bone belt (can't remember exact name) is a very good and cheap belt. It has 325 recovery and a defensive slot. You want as many defensive slots and possible as you'll find out.
  • washedonewashedone Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a soon to be 60 I appreciate all the advice; thanks everyone.
  • synalon1synalon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AH when i looked was cheap and I have AD from founders pack so I got 2x PVP items and 2x of one of the other sets (forget which, I think high prophet) just to start.

ALso is it 450? I thought it was in the 300's? (or am I thinking of the wrong gear)
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    T1 sets are +400, T2 sets are +450.

I just ran a few of the higher level dungeons @ 60 to get a high enough gear score to do epics. Worked fine.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe the stats show differently when they are on you? I had been looking at both the divine and the high proph sets and been seeing both as showing +340 rather than the 400 or 450 some people mention....prior to ah being taken down of course
  • getyoazzinmyvangetyoazzinmyvan Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I PvP'd on my CW so I had a full PVP gear set for my Cleric at 60. I find it easy to just do some PVP when you hit 60 to get gear, then do some Dungeons to get gear and seals or use the AH. Most T1 gear is super cheap