test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fixing the game from a PvE players point of view

kingquaokingquao Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
The biggest problem i have with this game is it does have a semi P2W model, The problem being that bosses in the game drop BoE loot and every class can roll need on everything which people do, There isnt even a Need before greed option to stop this kind of thing happening making people just need everything and then selling it to people who spend on AD/keys (I bought the $200 founder pack and keys on a regular basis) So the easiest way to fix everything including the exploit people have been abusing is

Remove all gear from players on launch - refund any AD/Zen spent to this point (sounds insane but its the only fair way)

Make all 60 epic gear BoP (no more selling gear and not having to actually earn anything for me this makes the game slightly unplayable as there's no real reward for doing anything)

Create a Need before greed option in PuG's (no more loot stealing)

and for my final thought, Remove companions from Epic dungeons even though it may seem they do little damage/healing or what ever but essentially you can just buy the "best" companion and then you are at an advantage obviously i have no idea if there is a "best" or one that doesn't more damage than the others even though the paid ones can reach an extra 15 levels over the free ones, Just make companions take a group slot so that way they kind of make sense.

Any constructive feedback and opinions are welcome
Post edited by kingquao on

Comments

• kneehighsyaaaakneehighsyaaaa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I will have to find the link but I'm almost positive they will not wipe the data. The NBG option won't come into play because it ties into the "all gear is BoE" thing which comes down to the zen store. They make money by this system.
    Gza the Genius - Elf Guardian Fighter
    the Rza - dog companion

Mindflayer
  • risloverislove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I don't think a roll back is possible at this point. Too much gear has gone to too many places. I do however think that t3 gear can come out, be BoP and tier 1-2 epics just become the "easy" to get ones. Is it lame? yeah, but it's also kind of nice for people who have been raiding in MMOs forever to skip right to the harder content.

Ioun Stone/Cat is the best companion because it's just a stat buffer. Ioun stone of allure is 2000 zen (current rates about 720000 AD) cat is a 960000.

I do think that any additional gear they put in needs to be BoP however. otherwise playing the AH is better for gear than running instances, which is pretty lame. I have no issues with 1-2's being buyable (especially if you decide you want to level up a new guy and gear him with your tokens or whatever) but the future stuff really needs to be BoP
  • kneehighsyaaaakneehighsyaaaa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They won't make bop gear because it counters their zen shop. Just like Blizzard never fixed their horrible market. It is meant to be that way for monetary gains.
    Gza the Genius - Elf Guardian Fighter
    the Rza - dog companion

Mindflayer
  • kingquaokingquao Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a rollback is possible just alot of effort, but yeh i would agree future BoP gear would be alot better.

Though from what they said you would expect this game to not be slightly P2W etc, considering there major factor was this game will be "free" im not saying it isn't but its in a state that makes no sense to play unless you spend countless hours or pay money. Wish i didn't buy the founders pack tbh