test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Going AFK how does it work

highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok so if your going AFK and you get kicked whats to stop players running into the wall near the camp fire.

Or does the player get kicked for being near the camp area for to long, I really hope its this one.

I only ask because this was introduced into RaiderZ and all the AFKers did was run into a wall.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can get kicked at any time on any whim that the party leader has (who was randomly chosen if you queue'd). AFK, middle of combat, boss about to die, PvP match about to end, doesn't matter.

It's an astonishingly stupid system. Fortunately, I haven't run into any jerk leaders yet.

edit: Oh, I guess you're asking about the new auto-kick for AFK. Yeah, I don't know how that one works, but I thought it would just be for AFK time period, not proximity to campfire.
  • highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    yea im asking about the new AFK pvp auto kick, AFK for time period will not work as you can jam a button in to run into the wall =/
  • deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    I kicked my whole party at 990 points just because i can. :cool:
    edited May 2013
    haha rock on you little devil, but on a more serious note can we stay on topic maybe get this answered =O?
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was lucky to have only found one in my entire PVP experience in the game so far. I was setting up my skills by the campfire after I saw the opposing team had 2 CW's. Was wanting to go for Impossible to Catch and removing Sneak Attack for Invisible Infiltrator, but some jerk of a party leader decided for me that I was AFK-ing and kicked me out.
    edited May 2013
    I find my self changing skills to fit how my enemy are playing or what skills / class they are and have been kicked for that too. would be nice if we had a grace period of 10*IE seconds after a death to choose our skills (cant be kicked during grace).

any who still no official word on this =)?
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game has some smarts. I am not going to tell you what all it seems to be able to detect, but for sure, putting a weight on the W key so you run in place in a corner does not stop the idle afk message or being logged out.