test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

neridiumneridium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum, but this seems to be the best fit.

I just wanted to provide some feedback on what I've found with Neverwinter thus far, these are only my opinions and I refuse to respond to anyone who posts derogatory comments in replies to this, this feedback is intended to be constructive for the devs and anyone who is genuinely interested.

I've levelled my Control wizard up in no time at all, probably the best part of two weeks not exactly pushing things having any late nights etc just levelling "casually". Which while i found it enjoyable being able to run around by myself I found it way to short, I've always found getting a level should be more of an achievement than what it felt. In my opinion there needs to be more quests in a zone with the xp rewarded balanced to compensate.

The next thing I wanted to feedback was something i find extremely frustrating and that's bags.. I realise you get 2 freebies from quests during levelling up but it appears the only ones other than these 2 are from the Zen store, C'mon guys there's 1001 other things that can go on the store. I'm sorry but I refuse to spend anything close to 40 (pounds) on 4 bags at 1000 Zen a pop (Last i checked 1000 was equal to about 10 (pounds), I tried checking on the PWE website but couldn't' find the relevant info) or even 600 zen a pop for me a bag is a integral part of the game and should be available in game from crafting or vendors etc.

Next on my list for things to feedback is the lack of a ability to lock onto a specific target (as a control wizard). I've found this really frustrating in the few dungeons I've done once I've hit 60, for example on the final boss of Dread vault I've been pointing at the adds to attack them but for some unknown reason my Magic Missiles was hitting the boss, the two targets was quite close to each other so in a sense i could understand why it was hitting the boss being the bigger target etc, but still it would be a great thing to have to be able to lock onto a specific target and remove it from the instance by means of removing its HP.

Next is something I've seen mentioned in quite a few threads on the forums and thats boss fights in Dungeons, I'll keep this short as i dont need to repeat what a lot of other people have said. Kill me with cunning and original boss mechanics, not a bagillion waves of adds. It gets boring way to quickly. (I've not done any other dungeons apart from Dread Vault and caverns of Karrundax, and the levelling instances, but from what i've seen the vast majority of them its a straight tank and spank with 20 waves of adds)

My next point involves dungeons, but I feel it needs to be addressed. Please can you guys take a look at the ability to replace people who for whatever reason drop from a dungeon half way through, I've been in quite a few now where I've queued for anything up to 30 mins to get in and then right before the first boss someone drops and they cant be replaced, I've found it extremely frustrating.

Overall guys, I like what you've done so far. My points above are what I consider need tweaking to make the game more enjoyable for people. I hope that someone in the know was able to read them and take them onboard.

Many Thanks for your time.

-Neri