test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grand Templar 4 Piece Set Bonus

skelonz18skelonz18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Temple
In Short - <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. (Ok, maybe not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but quite short IMO).

I finally got my helm tonight (although am already building towards my Miracle Healers!)
I stand at 34.6% crit standard. In full Grand Templar/Epics.

35% chance (45sec GCD) chance to proc 450 Crit and power to allies.
It procs as normal, but only lasts 5 seconds.
So you spend hours (or lots of AD) getting one of the Tier 2 sets in the game to get a 1.4% crit increase for 5 seconds every 45seconds? Really!!!

No wonder Miracle healers prices have gone through the roof, both 4 piece set bonuses on the other sets are ridiculous.
For something as little as 1.4% I'd expect it to almost be 100% uptime given that its the best tier level in the game.

Extremely disappointed.
Post edited by skelonz18 on

Comments

• nailozinnailozin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not just you..... its everybody of your group. Miracle healer is the worst set of our gear actually. Because you lose so MUCH Power using it. If you want a self buff only... you should get Beacon of Faith and not Miracle healer. And btw for you to be with 34.6% you are already over the crit cap. So 450 crit will get almost nothing as well..
  • suparstarxsuparstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've 2/4 Beacon of Faith. I thought about going for Grand Templar, but if it's for that short duration then lol.

Miracle Healer's pretty darn good on paper. Does anybody have it yet? 5% heal for potentially every say... I duno 10-15 seconds is pretty sweet.
  • icegwasicegwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Miracle healer is amazing it doubles the heal on sunburst and makes healing word a 1,2k burst heal+regen
  • kmschmekmschme Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, just the information I've been looking for. Some people had recommended the set and I was slightly sceptical about it. First, because at the time I get that set I will most likely be healing a well geared group already, making the raw crit buff quite useless due to diminishing returns. Second, I had no idea of the durations. Miracle Healer seems a lot better, even though we do heal quite alot as it is.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nailozin wrote: »
    Its not just you..... its everybody of your group. Miracle healer is the worst set of our gear actually. Because you lose so MUCH Power using it. If you want a self buff only... you should get Beacon of Faith and not Miracle healer. And btw for you to be with 34.6% you are already over the crit cap. So 450 crit will get almost nothing as well..

I didnt realize we had a soft cap. What are the caps?

Currently I'm sitting at: 36.1% crit . 31.6% Recharge And 30% Action Point Gain
  • skelonz18skelonz18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I have GT and Faith, the issue I have is that the duration is very short regardless of the amount.
    It's not a CAP - that would imply you can get no more, its merely an amount that over which becomes less effective when compared to other stats. It just sits there with my recovery just under 3k

All i'm saying that in my opinion the duration of the team buff should really be a bit more. At least giving the team the ability to get a few shots off in the middle of dodging/CD's etc.

I chose to go this way as it benefits the team, all my gems are recovery to bring everything up to a nice even balance.
  • iggy4mayoriggy4mayor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

power sucks. miracle healer gear is great
  • skelonz18skelonz18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iggy4mayor wrote: »
    power sucks. miracle healer gear is great

Power comes into play later when you've already reached Crit/Recovery soft caps, then because of this power begins to be a better stat.
  • laccottelaccotte Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks bro for taking one for the community. I thought it looked bad, but now you've confirmed it.
    skelonz18 wrote: »
    Power comes into play later when you've already reached Crit/Recovery soft caps, then because of this power begins to be a better stat.
    What are the soft caps? Why do there even need to be caps anyway? The returns already diminish..
  • dariyanorndariyanorn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wanted to create a new thread regarding Beacon of Faith and its 4 piece set bonus but can't post new threads yet, so I will reply here which seems fitting.

It looks like as if every 4 piece T2 set bonus is broken for clerics. Today I finally acquired all 4 of Beacon of Faith and tested it. The buff which is called Luminescent Glory (+900 Recovery/Crit) can proc of every heal tick, so even from Astral Seal it seems. Problem is, like with other sets, it only lasts for about 3 seconds. BUT the icon shows Time Remaining 45 seconds. So is it supposed to last for 45 seconds, and not 3? I sure hope so and hope that it's a bug which will be fixed.

It just makes no sense to have a 4 piece set bonus, which is supposed to be more powerful than having 2 pieces of every T2 set, which gives you a passive +450 stat, not to mention higher gearscore. 3 second buff on a 15% chance with 45s internal cooldown is simply BROKEN.

Hope they fix it soon.
  • jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Its a 45 second cooldown before you are again allowed to proc Luminicent Glory. I agree that it is broken. They should atleast increase the duration to half of the cd time or decrease the cd itself. 42 seconds of not proccing the passive is making that 4pc completely worthless. Correct me if im wrong, you also have a 15% chance of proccing it. Low chance, Low duration and one extremely long cooldown.
  • zana29zana29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bumping this thread up. Does anyone know if they fixed the T2 4 set bonus yet? And if so how long is the duration of the buff?