test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I block light effects, especially bloom? Also, is there a WIP foundry?

pezizgoodpezizgood Member Posts: 42
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I found a prefab I like, but I need to get rid of the lighting so it is pitch black. If I can't do this then I might need to pick a new prefab, which would be another huge setback. There is no option for no lighting, only windows with a god-awful bloom effect that actually emanates from the floor rather than the windows. I would be happy with a non-conspicuous decor that has a clipping effect with dynamic light, if such a thing exists.

Here's my sad attempt to cover the light.

Also, I find more and more that I'm not entirely interested in quest making, but very interested in the mechanics of the foundry. I figured out how to make a lights out game (just a proof of concept) and I wish there was a way to share a minimap for mechanics like this without having to meet criteria for publishing.
Post edited by pezizgood on

Comments

• pezizgoodpezizgood Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Is it just me, or are my posts getting truncated?
  • adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you can remove lighting effects unless there is an version of the object without the lighting effect.
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
    - A story driven dungeon crawl! -
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pezizgood wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are my posts getting truncated?
    Invalid character. You can edit your post and paste in the stuff that got truncated. Don't worry, it even happened to a Cryptic employee posting in the Foundry forum recently.
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Some rooms/maps have an option for selecting the lighting. For example, I'm using a tavern map which can switch between day (light streaming through the windows) and night (no windows, light from lanterns). That works well, but I don't think it has an option for no lighting.

I have the same problem with the Seacaves map. I really like the map, but I can't do much about the torches. I'm still working on a way to change them...
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
    edited May 2013
    Invalid character. You can edit your post and paste in the stuff that got truncated. Don't worry, it even happened to a Cryptic employee posting in the Foundry forum recently.

Thanks! It was the e with an accent in decor. Stupid autocomplete.
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you can remove lighting effects unless there is an version of the object without the lighting effect.

That's what I'm starting to realize. I was just hoping that since it was dynamic that I could cast shadows with objects.
  • zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A similar problem i ran into is with the "L" shaped interior human corridor. For some reason it has a purple static light with a glow and 2 candle flame points of light just hanging in the air. Even with the "no light" function chosen these remain. I ended up having to make the corridor from scratch because of this.
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.