test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To the boy who cries 'nerf!'

yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
For the most part, most of the "Nerf X" threads start out something like this:

OMFG, I just got killed by class X, that shouldn't be right because I'm uber no matter what, so X is OP, nerf X.

Please don't do this. I'm worried that if enough people cry 'nerf', X eventually does get nerfed and the whole thing starts again with another class. It's not helpful, it only creates a bias towards class X that has no merit except for the biased and anecdotal 'evidence' of the boy who cried nerf.

If you think a class is OP, proof it.

- Play the class to 60, use that alleged OPness and make screenshots, publish the logs. That's evidence.
- Realize that PvP is NOT one on one, it's a team thing. That means you have four other people in your team, likely including one of those OP classes. See how they do. If they're so overpowered your team should win easily, right?
- Learn to counter with your own class, learn how to dodge. Most big hitting attacks take a while to set up, and no dev can code against your own reluctance to move.

Now, I'm not saying a class can't be OP and that every issue can be resolved by learning about your AND their strength and weakness. But I am saying that crying nerf doesn't make a class OP.
Post edited by yerune on

Comments

• Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Words of wisdom right here.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game will never be balanced until they fix all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that promotes afking. Allow losing team to complete pvp daily.... what a dumb idea.
  • Options
    bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    This game will never be balanced until they fix all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that promotes afking. Allow losing team to complete pvp daily.... what a dumb idea.

The daily mission is to PARTICIPATE in a pvp match not to win it, I don't see whats wrong with "allowing" it?
  • Options
    johnj9000johnj9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Amen, too many games have been made to suck due to nerfing.
  • Options
    ellisvdiwaellisvdiwa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG!! now someone is talking the right way! haha..This is what I keep telling about whiners who keeps on saying
    "this class is OP please nerf blah blah blah, *more whining*".. I keep on telling them that all of classes SHOULD BE AT 60 to see
    the real potential of a class both pve and pvp. And they don't even realize that pvp is a team play wherein clashing alone with 2 or 3 opponents is a ****tard thing to do.. -_-
  • Options
    nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    hmm why should only level 60 pvp matter? There is plenty other brackets for it too, i think game shoudl be fun no matter what level you are.
  • Options
    ellisvdiwaellisvdiwa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In my opinion, that's the fun and challenging part on this game. You get to know your character more, the more you level up particularly 10-15 levels, you would feel that your character is changing and it is becoming stronger and stronger as you acquire skills that would make your character even more effective both pvp and pve :)
  • Options
    nerdbanenerdbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best part of having "OP" classes?

Killing the clueless FoTM rerollers ofc!
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good post.

My take on nerfs... you *never* see, for example, someone in their class forum saying "a whatever keeps doing XYZ to me, how do I counter that". What you see is "nerf the whatevers!!!!". I would say something about the mentality of the vocal minority of pvp players, but that was a lost cause even 15 years ago.