test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't move normally. Game unplayable. Please help!

swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
This glitch just started tonight. Every key entry seems to be reading twice. Everytime I try to move normal, no double tap, my character reads it as a double tap and jumps if he has the stamina, or just gives an 'out of stamina' message. I have tried resetting my keys to default, no difference.

It's not just movement, either. If I press ctrl-I to invoke, it reads it as a double I and also opens my inventory. I have to press keys like N or J several times, because they are usually read as N - N, opening and closing the popup.

This is happening with both my characters, and hasn't happened before tonight.

Please help! I want to play.
Post edited by swamprob on

Comments

• Options
    dragonstargdragonstarg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having this very same issue, had no problems with it during the Previous Beta Weekend, but since they went open beta, i've had this issue.
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it's a usb keyboard try unplugging and replugging. I didn't have your issue but my mouse clicks stopped registering in the middle of an epic dungeon and I fixed it this way. Also there may be a setting to turn off double tap (you can use shift+move instead).
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    dragonstargdragonstarg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still having this issue. Has anyone else come across this and found a fix?

a Dev reply would be awesome.
  • Options
    daeanordaeanor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shift works the same as double tap. It's been a problem in Windows for as long as I can remember that sometimes the shift, control, or alt keys get "stuck" and you have to re-tap them to get them unstuck. It may not be your issue, but it's worth trying.