test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP AFKr's

wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Not sure what they gain by doing this other than farming diamonds and xp but they are destroying the matches because you cannot replenish your party and it's abosolutely no fun to get face rolled in a 5 on 3 situation..

There need to be firm rules to prevent this.

1) Kicked players due to AFK twice in a day are banned from PvP for 24hrs.
2) Players with no offensive or insufficient stats, thus afk, receive no reward, completion, diamonds or xp.

Easy enough to implement and will eliminate farmers.
Post edited by wraithyn on

Comments

• pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Read the post at the top about tomorrows maintenance
  • thumperrrthumperrr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i've won couple of 4v5's, but indeed. the PvP afkers are really annoying!
    Even yesterday i saw in the zone chat someone that were looking for an afk pvp group and i went all "wtf-mode"

And i never seem to get leader in the pvp group so i can't kick the leechers. So i think a votekick system
  • rayuki666rayuki666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    so the patch notes say "A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK"

how does that fix it? if they go afk it just kicks them? and the team stuck with afker are still stuck with 3-5? LOL. its the same as having the afkers IN the game, BEING AFK.

i guess it will just make people have spacebar macros to jump every few minutes.

need to fix the underlying problem as to why there are so many afkers, and thats the fact you are rewarding LOSERS who do NOTHING with far too much glory.

if i run around being a sucky nub am i still going to get the same amount of glory as the guy jumping around in spawn?

the whole way the game rewards pvpers needs to be addressed to fix this issue.

all this "quick fix" does is mean the afk and glory farmers are going to figure out a "quick fix" as well.
  • strahn794strahn794 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rayuki666 wrote: »
    so the patch notes say "A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK"

how does that fix it? if they go afk it just kicks them? and the team stuck with afker are still stuck with 3-5? LOL. its the same as having the afkers IN the game, BEING AFK.

Except that the players will quickly learn they gain nothing by being idle/afk in a pvp match, so they'll stop doing it.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont mean to derail just want to say its even worse in scrimmages and dungeons ugh i hope they do something about it need to have friendly fire or something to teach them a lesson lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • conterkillerconterkiller Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or all this afkrs/botters will just find a way to make the character be on the move on its own. ie: autoclicker
    and avoid getting kicked for afking..

they just have to make Glory be character bound.. end of all the glory farmers problems..

they only farm it to sell arena gear.. zzz
  • rayuki666rayuki666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    strahn794 wrote: »
    Except that the players will quickly learn they gain nothing by being idle/afk in a pvp match, so they'll stop doing it.

did you read the rest of my post? they will just counter it by creating "jump" macros.

the only real fix is to drastically reduce the glory gained for losses, and not give any at all for people who havn't contributed in the game from either:
    A. Capping
    B. Killing/attempting to kill
    C. healing

and increasing the cost of pvp gear would help.

as it stands it takes 10 games afking to get 1 4.2k item. which is about an hour.

so thats 100k glory per day, more with enchants. and you wonder why they do it?

edit: just a few more numbers to put it in perspective.

100k glory per day = 23 items (at 4.2k glory price)
    sell at 20k each = 460k AD per day.

and thats just one account. the farmers will be doing this on a massive scale.