test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it just me? or...

birkelbirkel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Im just going to put some thoughts I have out there. And I hope there are answers among this games forums users. I don't want to come off as rude but if you don't know what you are talking about don't leave a comment. As some of us "geeks" know this game is CPU bottlenecked hardcore, All benchmarks show it and its a fact at this point. As an example. I run an i7 3930K overclocked to 4.4 Ghz. This is a hex-core CPU for those who don't know. And I still get CPU bottlenecked by this game. And what I mean by this is that any change i do to the video options within the game doesnt matter. The FPS will be around the same. So how does it come that a close to flagship CPU seems to get tanked pretty hard by this game?.. I know MMO's have always been taxing on the CPU but come on. I expect more then 55-60 during full on dungeon combat running this CPU with a pretty decent overclock. So what my real question is ... why does this game hog CPU power like nothing else...

Don't get me wrong im getting what I'd call decent performance usually staying at around 75ish FPS during combat but still.

specs:

PSU: Corsair AX850W
Motherboard: ASUS P9X790 PRO
GPU: GTX 680 running a mild OC.
CPU: Hex-core i7 3930K OC'd to 4.4Ghz
RAM: Kingston 16GB 1600Mhz
SSD: Intel 120GB SSD
HDD: 1TB Barracuda

(everything running perfect).

Small tip: Type /gfxsetdefaultfov 70 in the ingame chat for an advantage in PVP. This is zoom out from your character making more of your surroundings visable. Default value is 55.