test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Common Companions

pyroh502pyroh502 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Instead of adding more and more companions to the zen store, how about finally adding in the ability for us to improve our basic companion first? It was nice questing with my healer companion at first, but she became useless to the point of getting 1-2 shot by everyone including trash mobs. A lot of players have sunk a lot of money into the game already. No need to milk more money out of us by hoping frustration leads to the purchasing of your 20-40$ pets.
Post edited by pyroh502 on

Comments

• Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it not cute when they try to make programers feel bad for making a living . "instead of blah blah blah..cash shop" why don't you make it so no one would ever want to spend any real cash on the game at all ..period..I mean, programing is easy and a school lone will pay themselves..

A pet obtained from a lvl 16 quest should be useless...imho..

Taking a stab at the dev's for trying to make a good living off of their work is just childish and played out.. I have my problems with NW right nw, but none of them are with the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are manuals listed as Coming Soon on the Exotic tab of the Companion Vendor in the Grand Emporium. Just show patience, we are still in Open Beta.
  • Options
    magitek3magitek3 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    There are manuals listed as Coming Soon on the Exotic tab of the Companion Vendor in the Grand Emporium. Just show patience, we are still in Open Beta.

Yes, and the manuals were in-game and working fine during closed beta.

The manuals will magically appear when PW's data mining indicates that the Zen companion market has dried up.
  • Options
    inmydotinmydot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My wizard companion just kept tanking all adds, pulling random mobs while I was fighting a boss and kept getting killed in 3 hits by normal mobs in my questing zones.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe learn to use another companion besides the healer? There are ones gotten from ingame money, and on the AH, and they outstrip her by miles. It's sad and pathetic when people have her out still in epics, she is useless in them and you can always know the player won't watch their own health. I hope it's a long while before they add the books or they are in the millions of AD to buy, because i dread the days of only those healers in groups when other ones would be better for the situation.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    magitek3 wrote: »
    Yes, and the manuals were in-game and working fine during closed beta.

A beta, closed especially, is to see if they work properly. There were many things in closed that aren't in now.
  • Options
    razorjack156razorjack156 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it not cute when they try to make programers feel bad for making a living . "instead of blah blah blah..cash shop" why don't you make it so no one would ever want to spend any real cash on the game at all ..period..I mean, programing is easy and a school lone will pay themselves..

Taking a stab at the dev's for trying to make a good living off of their work is just childish and played out.. I have my problems with NW right nw, but none of them are with the cash shop.

Probably need to read the post before flaming it. They wanted the books to be purchasable. They were not cheap in closed beta, I doubt they will get cheaper when they finally go live. That means the cash shop will still get some funding just by people raising the necessary AD to lvl their pets.

As far as learn to use another companion .. the ones available off the cash shop? Or the AD ones? What glorius pets outstrip the clerics usefullness by miles? NONE of them. The DPS is sub par, the tanking pets are ok ... for a single mob at a time.. usable, but none of them that much better than the cleric. And most of those pets are blue at best. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to raise it to 30?. Endgame invest in a cat or stone, but as far as leveling or running solo the cleric is a very viable companion.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would like the unbinding feature of companions to be fixed. I spent $30 for a companion on a character that is totally bugged by being 1 and 2 hit by everything and had to re-roll cause she was so bugged and no fixes.. Would either like to see the companions fixed or give me my zen back so i can purchase it for a non bugged out toon.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably need to read the post before flaming it. They wanted the books to be purchasable. They were not cheap in closed beta, I doubt they will get cheaper when they finally go live. That means the cash shop will still get some funding just by people raising the necessary AD to lvl their pets.

As far as learn to use another companion .. the ones available off the cash shop? Or the AD ones? What glorius pets outstrip the clerics usefullness by miles? NONE of them. The DPS is sub par, the tanking pets are ok ... for a single mob at a time.. usable, but none of them that much better than the cleric. And most of those pets are blue at best. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to raise it to 30?. Endgame invest in a cat or stone, but as far as leveling or running solo the cleric is a very viable companion.

I did read the post...The one that opened with a jab at cash shop pets.

As I said a lvl 16 quest pet should be useless..maybe this is how they brought the cleric into line with epic pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I do wonder who came up with the idea to give the guard a taunt with 3 second cooldown, knowing the golem has one with 2 minute cooldown. Wonder what they are trying to do there :P

edit: ah.. i found out the difference. THe golem taunt is waaaay more aggro taking and also has a longer effect, holding aggro way longer even when someone else is trying to steal it.
    That kinda justifies it.
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    pyroh502pyroh502 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Lose the fanboy white-knight mentality, please. That is more childish and played-out. I love the game, bought the heroes of the north founder's pack, and spent well over another $200 supporting them so they can "make a living". I also have 3 $20 cards waiting for new stuff to be added to the zen store. I am just saying that this one aspect of the game needs to be addressed. I don't think that a pet obtained from a lvl 16 quest should be useless, because the original intent was to be able to upgrade them.

And in terms of learning to use another pet, I have the jaguar that came with the founder's pack, and I bought the rock golem guy (again, supporting the company). Nice pets, but I'm just asking to make the questable npc more functional.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still don't see why a lv 16 quest reward has to be useless. I just don't.
    I still use that bag rewarded by completing a lower level quest. It's not useless. So your point is not vaild

Besides, try playing a cleric on one of those instances where all the adds go straight to you while your group does nothing but ignore you while you run around like a manic cat chasing his tail and your own heals are not enough because you are passively nerfed to recieve less healing than others if you cast it. That cleric companion has saved my butt there a couple of times at least, and it is not even my main companion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o