test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A few questions

fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
1. I can't find the levers / switches in the assets to add to my outdoor map. Where are they?
2. How can you animate a portcullis door opening (up and down) - I'm pretty sure I've seen this in game before?
3. How do you make sarcophagi burst open (like when an undead pops out of one in one of the dungeons in the game) ?
Post edited by fyrestorme1 on

Comments

• Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. I can't find the levers / switches in the assets to add to my outdoor map. Where are they?

I am not at home, so I am not sure. I believe they are under detail. GOOD LUCK finding them. I am sure they are named weird names. I might be wrong... this was just mentioned in a different thread...
    We are working on adding levers and sliding walls/secret doors to the Foundry soon. In the meantime most people seem to use triggers to hide/show a wall.

As for the illusionary wall thing, I'll see what I can add for that in short order :)

2. How can you animate a portcullis door opening (up and down) - I'm pretty sure I've seen this in game before?

Search under details and search for DOORS. Some of those doors with open if the player interacts. Which ones? The ones that look like doors but also seem to have sides as well (they kind of make a U shape). Mess with them until you find out. :)

3. How do you make sarcophagi burst open (like when an undead pops out of one in one of the dungeons in the game) ?

This one, I have thought about doing. You can make a texture appear and disappear based on conversation or location or by completing a quest objective.

Answer a: Just use an open sarcophagi that is already open but the enemy encounter spawns when the player talks to a specific person, completes a specific quest, reaches a specific area, or interacts with a specific object. Then have the enemy encounter also appears when the player does the... specific person, completes a specific quest, reaches a specific area, or interacts with a specific object.

Answer b: Use a texture of the sarcophagi that is closed. Then have it set to disappear when the player talks to a specific person, completes a specific quest, reaches a specific area, or interacts with a specific object. While at the same time, a texture of the open sarcophagi appears and also your enemy encounter also appears when the player does the... specific person, completes a specific quest, reaches a specific area, or interacts with a specific object.
  • Options
    waeolwenwaeolwen Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. There are none, currently. You can create lever-like graphics using some of the weapons and sticking them halfway into the ground/wall. There is also a large wheel that looks like it could be spun (it can't) to active something: Siege Tower Interact Wheel 01.

2. Not possible, currently. The best bets are either to unlock the portcullis with a lever or make the closed one disappear and an open one appear.

3. Not truly possible, yet. You can use some of the explosion FX to obscure the area a bit while you swap a closed sarcophagus for an open one.
  • Options
    fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    boydzinj wrote: »
    I am not at home, so I am not sure. I believe they are under detail. GOOD LUCK finding them. I am sure they are named weird names. I might be wrong... this was just mentioned in a different thread...

Search under details and search for DOORS. Some of those doors with open if the player interacts. Which ones? The ones that look like doors but also seem to have sides as well (they kind of make a U shape). Mess with them until you find out. :)
    Sorry, I should have specified: I want to open the portcullis when a lever or other switch or object is interacted with - not the door itself. Also, I don't want it to just 'appear' open - I want it to actually animate.

boydzinj wrote: »
    Answer b: Use a texture of the sarcophagus that is closed. Then have it set to disappear when the player talks to a specific person, completes a specific quest, reaches a specific area, or interacts with a specific object. While at the same time, a texture of the open sarcophagi appears and also your enemy encounter also appears when the player does the... specific person, completes a specific quest, reaches a specific area, or interacts with a specific object.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks :)
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Answer for at least number 1, from Cryptic.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?241021-Sliding-walls-need-some-help&p=3155181&viewfull=1#post3155181