test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No more exploding loot

zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please just have the loot appear in our inventory. I'm tired of seeing loot explode out of mobs and drop over cliffs, get stuck in graphics or high spots, or any other inaccessible locations.
Post edited by zombieelvis on

Comments

• lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please just have the loot appear in our inventory. I'm tired of seeing loot explode out of mobs and drop over cliffs, get stuck in graphics or high spots, or any other inaccessible locations.

I never understood this and have hated it from the first loot I had to chase. I agree, just let it appear where the mob dies I killed the mob don't make me chase (and at times lose) the loot.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They should just mail it to us. I mean, were going to get it anyway. I don't know why we have to waste all that time killing stuff. And they expect us to pick it up as well? What is this? Like 1999?

We should just get like 3-4 pcs of decent loot when we log in.
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    They should just mail it to us. I mean, were going to get it anyway. I don't know why we have to waste all that time killing stuff. And they expect us to pick it up as well? What is this? Like 1999?

We should just get like 3-4 pcs of decent loot when we log in.

Not sure why you relate loot exploding and potentially falling off areas your standing on to us saying we want loot handed to us but ok your opinion I guess.
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lagerale wrote: »
    Not sure why you relate loot exploding and potentially falling off areas your standing on to us saying we want loot handed to us but ok your opinion I guess.

I think they meant e-mail the loot that could not be retieved. A mechanic that should be easy to program when it is know who the loot belongs to. Personally I would prefer that it just drop. I'm tired of aggroing mobs when I retrieve loot that was kicked within their zone.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like it. Don't change it.
  • avuriel01avuriel01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploding loot and P2W is all that needs fixing. Oh and the **** LAG too. Otherwise this is sofar the best MMO atm.
  • xdementiaxdementia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed, very tedious to run around to pick up gold, and to have to press a key on top to pick up items.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just noticed when a lockbox dropped it stayed where the mob was killed, so I think the function is already ingame.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    I love lootsplosions. Please keep the lootsplosions.

Just rename the copper to silver, the silver to gold, and the gold to platinum, so it will resemble 4e loot. Because copper doesn't drop in 4e, and silver doesn't even drop after about level 5.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love picking up the loot, chasing after the gold and picking it up and the sound it makes when it flies out of the creature, and when I pick it up. It reminds me of collecting rings, or notes in some of my favourite console games.

Come on guys, it's not hard for you to loot. We're not that lazy, are we?
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
    edited May 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    I love picking up the loot, chasing after the gold and picking it up and the sound it makes when it flies out of the creature, and when I pick it up. It reminds me of collecting rings, or notes in some of my favourite console games.

Come on guys, it's not hard for you to loot. We're not that lazy, are we?

I've had loot explode and land where I can't get it, it's not lazy it's wanting to get the loot that falls from the mob I killed.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    lagerale wrote: »
    I've had loot explode and land where I can't get it, it's not lazy it's wanting to get the loot that falls from the mob I killed.

Oh no, you missed two coppers. How will you ever get them back? ;)

I've knocked guys off a cliff and had the loot land up on the cliff instead of spawning where they died, I.E. in the air over a fatal drop. Lootsplosions are fun, and the problems they create are few and small in scope. I've missed far more loot because idiot exploit-PLed Control Wizards blow all the mobs onto spikes or into chasms than I have because of an occasional errant lootsplosion.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Oh no, you missed two coppers. How will you ever get them back? ;)

I could care less about the money. It sucks when it's a rare drop.
  • jubbathehattjubbathehatt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the lootsplosions, and it takes what.... all of 5 seconds to run around and pick it up?

I agree that it could be fixed as to where it drops though. Perhaps have them launch themselves vaguely in the player's general direction, a la Little Big Adventure style? :)
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I like it it make good laugh if you see a good armor went off a cliff lol

They can make a loot collect Pet now they sale alot