test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC and Threat Management

mutelunaticmutelunatic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
I keep on seeing posts about threat being unmanageable for DC. I think that perhaps what is needed is a bit of rethink on how we go about the business of doing our jobs.

Here are the times that I've noticed that I get aggro consistently:

Go absolutely nuts on our big heals - If I start the first couple seconds of the fight throwing down sunburst, DP'ed Forgemasters, and a couple healing words I can guarantee that I will be pulling most of the encounter onto me. At this point I will need to go into panic mode spamming my heals just to keep alive creating more and more threat. Additionally because we have to move around so much it is more difficult to line up damage and cc making it even harder for our group mates to peal. I believe that overhealing contributes to threat which accounts for the aggro snap. For this we need to ask ourselves is this heal necessary to keep the team comfortably up. If its not needed don't use it. Build some DP with auto attacks or use a non threat power like Hallowed Ground. Throw your Astral Seal on things or if you have the feat use Brand of the Sun to reduce damage taken. If you find that there are healing abilities that you just aren't using because that amount of healing isn't needed and they are just a threat magnet switch them out for a damaging or debuffing ability.

New adds spawn - This is understandable, If no one has touched a newly spawned add the only threat they have is the healing done and the main source of this is from you. Even if its a 5 point heal from a repurpose soul crit its still more threat than 0 damage from anyone else. Any real effort from another player will strip the threat off of you. Again as long as you aren't going crazy over healing and as long as your team is paying a bit of attention to you they should be able to get the monsters off you easily enough. Here as well the less you have to kite the better. The less you move around the easier it is for your team to handle the adds. Try to stand and tank as much as you can to give your team time to get things under control.

TL:DR Analyze how much healing you really need to provide. Don't dump all your healing abilities at once. Pay attention to new add spawns and give your team time to peal them.