test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible double companion bug

dalekiandalekian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've noticed a couple of times now that while I have been using the stone golem companion, if i have sent him off for training and then log out without summoning another companion. When I log back in after his training is finished the companion is back next to you as normal, however his portrait does not appear next to yours.

If at that point you go to the companion screen and dismiss and re-summon that companion you end up with 2 companions, and they but seem fully functional as far as combat goes.

Also seems this glitch/bug/exploit only lasts until you transition to a new map at which point it then clears.

Here is an image of me with the 2 companions: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21569906@N04/8737389707/

Thought i'd better report this in case somebody reports me for having 2 companions as this was discovered by accident. I have only seen it while using the stone golem, not sure if other companions behave in a similar way.
Post edited by dalekian on

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    happened to me earlier with my spellsword companion. I did wonder why my companion was not getting xp and when i resummoned I had two of her :/
  • blcplblcpl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this happen with a standard companion too. Changing areas removed the dupe, and it hasn't happened since.
  • jimha85jimha85 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just got this as well i logged off so nobody can report me for cheating i have submit ticket in-game already.
  • gysgtcrowbargysgtcrowbar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least you guys got your companions... After completion of the "A Companion" quest mine never even showed in my inventory.