test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review trading

forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Following the others I decided to do the same.
REVIEW TRADING
yeah

It's simple. You made super-duper-extra-awesome quest(s)? Have no reviews or feedback and you don't know what others think about it? Let's trade. Just follow these steps:
  1. Play my campaign ( NWS-DKVDSY4ZJ ) - totally it should take you about 30-40 minutes.
  2. Rate and review it ingame or in my oficial quest thread
  3. Write post in this thread using template below.
  4. Wait a bit, I'm not a robot.

Template for quests:
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Quest name:[/B][/COLOR] Xxxxx Xxxx
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Shortcode:[/B][/COLOR] NW-XXXXXXXXX
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Author:[/B][/COLOR] @handle
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Type:[/B][/COLOR] combat/story/puzzle
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Estimated time:[/B][/COLOR] 999 minutes
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Thread URL:[/B][/COLOR] [optional]

Template for campaigns:
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Campaign name:[/B][/COLOR] Xxxxx Xxxx
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Shortcode:[/B][/COLOR] NWS-XXXXXXXXX
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Author:[/B][/COLOR] @handle
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Number of quests:[/B][/COLOR] 10
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Estimated time:[/B][/COLOR] 999 minutes
[COLOR=#ffa500][B]Thread URL:[/B][/COLOR] [optional]

Hints and tips:
- I care more about reviewing my second quest, but you should do both
- There IS always a way to finish quest. Be sure if encounters didn't dropped some box or something...
- In second quest there are two side quests if you are interested
- You don't have to clear entire dungeons. Sometimes you can just avoid some rooms
- I will only review your quests if I got your review with the same @handle ingame or the same account on forums
- As my campaign for now take about 30-40 minutes, I ask you for giving me quests/campaigns up to 40-45 minutes long
- I want to receive and will give honest reviews. You giving me 5-stars "because" doesn't mean I will do the same.
- If you can take some High Quality screenshots of my quests using
this tutorial, I will be very thankful!
Post edited by forien69 on

Comments

• ikkevarikkevar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quest name: Troubles at the hall
    Shortcode: NW-DCCQID53C
    Author: @ikkevar
    Type: combat/storyfun
    Estimated time: 15-25 minutes
    Thread URL: -
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ikkevar wrote: »
    Quest name: Troubles at the hall
    Shortcode: NW-DCCQID53C

Time: 12 minutes
    Char: 21 Lv CW
    Rating: 3/5
    Opinion: If this is your very first quest with Foundry - good job. I see you had an idea, you worked on it and put some effort.
    Anyway, there are some things I have to point:
    - Preset maps. They are getting boring. I see this orcish guild hall two to four times a day in Foundry. And ALWAYS there is objective-related encounter in this room on center. Every. Single. Time. I know they are easier, but Indoor maps are easy to make from nothing. Try it. Be creative and original.
    - Encounters #1. Stacking. You wanted fights to get harder. Okay. I understand, every single one of us made that mistake. creatures' difficulty doesn't scale linearly. This easy encounter of 6 goblins I washed out of dungeon in 4 seconds would be some of challenge for 60 Lv Cleric. I may be exaggerating, but you should get a point. There are easy, standard and hard encounters. If you want quest to be soloable by everyone - don't make players fight more encounters than one at time.
    - Encounters #2. Seeing 6 orc Drudges in front of me rushing me like clones' army from Star Wars Ep II - boring. There are two options - put more different types of encounters (even undead, human or drows) and reskin them to orcs. Other option is to have these orcs, but looking various. Your choice. (If you have no idea, then make encounters like "drudges - battletested - drudges - ...")
    - Interiors. Gate at the end of guild's hall - looks out of place. And on second map - I run deep into dungeon before talking to Commander Evertear. It was so empty without quest encounters... good idea would be to put some gates (like these in sewers) that can be opened only after talking to commander. It will also have more common sense than just realizing "there are goblins where I just were walking peacefully, they could just attack us there..."
    - Transiting out. I personally hate "Press F to Go to Next Map". Even "Go to Next Map" makes me feel... weird. Anyway, spawn some portal (not teleport, choose something from details->effects) after defeating boss and use it in transition.
    Summarize:
    It was good. I've seen better and a lot more worse. You have ideas and your quest didn't make me feel like "jeez, when will it end?", so it's good :)
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quest name: The Three Dials
    Shortcode: NW-DMEWA2PW3
    Author: @Pioneerscarfe
    Type: story
    Estimated time: 15 minutes
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?236272-The-Three-Dials-New-Quest

It is an entirely bespoke quest, bespoke maps and characters. It is story-driven and the combat is fairly easy (no stacking or anything).

I will take a look at yours when I am back on in an hour or so.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • daezodaezo Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Quest name: Bringing Truth to Words
    Shortcode: NW-DDE386E52
    Author: @daezo
    Type: story first, combat second
    Estimated time: 30 minutes

I will run yours when I get home.
    to view foundry quest click on campaign name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gamdariangamdarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quest name: Murkdeep Monastery
    Shortcode: NW-DNQY9CXMZ
    Author: @gamdarian
    Type: combat/story/puzzle
    Estimated time: 20-30 minutes
    Thread URL:

I just ran your's with my 41 Control Wizard , here's what I found:

- I enjoyed the combat, nice and tough!
    - Maybe use some more ambient sounds or music? Like muttering and/or shouting orcs.
    - Orcs, Ogres and Kobolds are kinda considered savage races, so finding them in neatly arranged rooms is a bit weird.
    - For me no exit door appeared after I was done.
    - Maybe change the name or something on the creatures instead of leaving them standard.

I gave you a 3/5 because overall it's nice, but with room for improvement! :)

Ps: This is about part 2 of the campaign.
    Murkeep Monastery - Foundry quest in need of reviews - NW-DNQY9CXMZ - Just updated to V1.5

Leave your code in the review and I will return the favor!
  • fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    If you want initial reviews you can always get some of your friends or guildies to try it

Trading reviews just seems kinda silly to me
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wrong thread....
    edited May 2013
    gamdarian wrote: »
    I just ran your's with my 41 Control Wizard , here's what I found:

- I enjoyed the combat, nice and tough!
    - Maybe use some more ambient sounds or music? Like muttering and/or shouting orcs.
    - Orcs, Ogres and Kobolds are kinda considered savage races, so finding them in neatly arranged rooms is a bit weird.
    - For me no exit door appeared after I was done.
    - Maybe change the name or something on the creatures instead of leaving them standard.

I gave you a 3/5 because overall it's nice, but with room for improvement! :)

Ps: This is about part 2 of the campaign.

About music and sounds - they are there, but due to issues with them, game isn't playing any. It's not only my quest ;/
    As you could see, part of Hideout was already devastated. Other rooms kept their look (Orcs didn't manage to ruin them yet xD).
    About exit door - weird, it should be behind the boss on the left. And it was there last time I checked :P
    Change the name - I have no reason for changing names of common lowly kobolds/orcs/goblins. Officers and boss - different story.

I've just come back home, I will get your quest reviewed ASAP.
    If you want initial reviews you can always get some of your friends or guildies to try it

Trading reviews just seems kinda silly to me

I don't want initial reviews. I want feedback about what's good and what's bad before even trying button "send to cryptic" :P

EDIT:

@gamdarian
    I wasn't able to finish your quest (21 Lv CW). I used all my potions and died 7 times - 3 on traps (that got me stucked so hard that even /stuck didn't work), 2 on fight with 3 ogres and 2 fighting four of these blazing creeps.
    Anyway, what I can say:
    - Longsword I picked up had default Foundry name ("Longsword 01" or whatsoever). Consider renaming
    - In catacombs there are many gates through which I can look into the void.
    - Stacking traps = perma stucks.
  • gamdariangamdarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Forien,

Thanks for your feedback,
    - I noticed the gate glitches myself and I am removing them.
    - I will look into the longsword.
    - Maybe I went a bit overboard with the traps, I'll remove a few :P
    - About you dying, I kinda designed this to be a 2 man dungeon or a very very tough one man, Send me an ingame mail and I will refund you the injury kits :P
    Murkeep Monastery - Foundry quest in need of reviews - NW-DNQY9CXMZ - Just updated to V1.5

Leave your code in the review and I will return the favor!
  • jaqazjaqaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Quest name: Ravenlyn Caverns
    Shortcode: NW-DG3HR33SM
    Author: @Jaqaz
    Type: combat/story
    Estimated time: 20-30 minutes

This is my first attempt at using the Foundry. Had fun making this quest and plan to do more, but I realize I have a lot to learn. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jaqaz
  • ikkevarikkevar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes its my first one..
    thanks for the nice feedback got some nice things there to improve my quests.
    edited May 2013
    ikkevar wrote: »
    yes its my first one..
    thanks for the nice feedback got some nice things there to improve my quests.

You are welcome and feel free to contact me when you make new :)
    gamdarian wrote: »
    About you dying, I kinda designed this to be a 2 man dungeon or a very very tough one man, Send me an ingame mail and I will refund you the injury kits :P

Yeah it's kinda difficult to solo this. I enjoyed your quest, but stopped right before second boss (I guess because I saw the room only for a sec) after these blaze-things. I simply couldn't put enough CC to them with my wizard.

You don't have to refund me anything :P after all you didn't get my ingame review.

Anyway, if it's 2-man dungeon I will try it with my friend when he will get his PC back from repair :)