test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuttering and Low FPS Issue

sheck81sheck81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Anyone else having issues in dungeons or PvP (or anywheres) where you could be at a constant 60 FPS (vsync) then start fighting a boss and all of a sudden you FPS drop to like 5-10 fps for about 2-3 seconds. After that all is smooth again....until it happens again :(

I think this may be related to the UI stalls people are having but I was wondering if anyone is seeing this massive drop in FPS for no reason at all ...

Thanks.
Post edited by sheck81 on

Comments

• lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suspect it's something to do with maybe a rendering problem with CW spells in unique cases.
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happens to me a whole bunch of times as well.
  • flyyouf00lsflyyouf00ls Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, I have no idea why either because my pc can run far more demanding games with no problem. I get it from just running around as well, not just while being in combat.
  • grimoethgrimoeth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry but i have to say that this game is poorly optimized.As the people above said that they're are games out that , that have way higher system requirements and work OK for them but this game poorly.

My rig :
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 4094MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GT 220

With everything on low absoluetly even render scale I go up around 18 FPS.But with everything on high SSAO and shadows off I get down around 13. So that is just weird and resolution scaleing apparently changes nothing on performance.

P.S I Would also like to add that I play/played WoW/AION/BF3/TERA/Far Cry 3 and other games that have high system requirements and was still able to play them on high or ultra without any issues, reaching over 30 FPS on my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pc.
  • urbanskill1991urbanskill1991 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Go to Video option then go to Detail subsection then find Max Physics Debris Objects and slide it to 0. This will fix the issue you are having in dungeon and pvp. Have fun.
    3.jpg