Options

Last Boss of Neverwinter - Solo

2»

Comments

• Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    The game is called Perfect World btw, Perfect World International is a company.

And Perfect World game is a horrible cash grab, true to Eastern p2w model. At ridiculous prices as well...at least the original Malaysian Perfect World was cheap (they were first to present game to Western market, and bought rights from this company PWE), then PWE decided to sell game themselves directly and inflated prices by 1000%

Yes this is true.

actually the game is called PWI. the company itself it just called PWE inc.
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually the game is called PWI. the company itself it just called PWE inc.

Yeah I fixed the info, was thinking back to all those years ago when they also had Euro game Perfect World Multilanguage as well. Which got shut down because of unfair demands from this glorious company PWE (PWE are directly owned by the Chinese company who developed Perfect World all those years ago).

The game itself is actually just called Perfect World though, the extra bits were to distinguish themselves from the poor <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who bought rights to same game in other parts of the world, and foolishly thought they would get reasonable treatment from the Chinese Overlords.
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    Yeah I fixed the info, was thinking back to all those years ago when they also had Euro game Perfect World Multilanguage as well. Which got shut down because of unfair demands from this glorious company PWE.

yeah i was around when they first opened servers in the US. it was fun back then for an early F2P model even though it was rough. still had fun
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah i was around when they first opened servers in the US. it was fun back then for an early F2P model even though it was rough. still had fun

The Malaysian game was better, and actually affordable. Still had same p2w mechanics though, but at least they didn't gouge prices in the cash shop.

That company got horribly squashed when the Chinese guys decided to publish game themselves directly, like I said, they stopped getting patches on time, and stopped getting patches made well. It was sabotage. Had to do a ton of things themselves include translate the game - I know this because I was one of the people who helped them translate this game from Chinglish into English. Then PWE came along after all their hard work, and after seeing their success in the Western market, and squished them.

And that's who we're dealing with...these people are cold and mercenary.
  • Options
    maliblu22maliblu22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cough "I'm Obsessed"
  • Options
    toolonggamingtoolonggaming Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this what we argue about?