test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gear progression issues + Boss Mechanics

infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I hear when you are 60 to just pvp for a few hours to increase your gear score so you can do the PVE dungeons for better gear?

Okay. So you want me to PvP so I can do PvE content? Not saying this is the only way, but it's really easy, and some of the PvP gear is better then the PvE gear?

Sweet I am in my PvP purples, time to run some dungeons.....

Every boss summons adds forever until boss is dead........

What?! no tanks needed? What?! tanks are useless?......

- Seriously who came up with this brilliant idea?

I'll be honest, I have a 55 Wizard. I am watching live streamers destroy through your content. But what surprises me is how they do it. Barley bringing tanks, usually 2 heals. Every boss fight is the exact same. They're telling me to PvP for gear. I don't PvP. And from what I've seen, they just dominate the other team until they AFK in spawn.

From what I see, it makes the game undesirable to achieve level 60 and follow in their foot steps. I don't want to PvP and the dungeon mechanics are horrible. The game is not reeling me in to your content and end game content. I have no desire to keep leveling now. I don't want to play the game because of this. Even my friend hasn't logged on in days.

I would really like to see some boss mechanics. Fix the aggro issues with GF. Make PvP gear not ruin your economy by selling it to lazy people. Make more easier 5 man dungeons for fresh 60's so they can get some gear for the epic dungeons. There is a huge gap in gear score to do these epic dungeons. Just put some nice blues for people right when they get to 60. Not just hey, do PvP and get epics, or just buy it from people. *Rips hair out*

If you agree or disagree matters not to me. Just my 2 cents.
Post edited by infestedchris12 on

Comments

• Options
    grndmastergrndmaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Atleast get to 60 before complaining about the content at 60. Yes, the pvp gear is a great stepping stone to the pve gear and its pretty easy to get, but you dont NEED it to progress by any means. theres a half a dozen tier 1 dungeons you can enter to work on pve gear and plenty of people still run them.

Now, as to the dungeons all being very similar, i'll agree they are all pretty much "throw adds at the players repeatedly til the boss dies" but that doesnt mean they arent fun. A lot of the doom and gloom you hear so much about isnt actually that bad.

If you do get to 60 and do some dungeons and find all these "problems" are making you want to stop playing, thats a different story