test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW exploit going on in PVP?

reilnkurreilnkur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
I recently ran into a few CW's that seem to have figured out away to 1 shot everyone. Now sure how they are doing it, but they 1 shot myself in full purples and our cleric right after. We could not do anything against him/her. Anyone else seeing this lately? also for the record I am fully geared purple and never seen this ever in all my PVP'n until now.
Post edited by reilnkur on

Comments

• Options
    wafflemunstawafflemunsta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance their spell looked like a giant ice knife?
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not just CWs, i've been one shotted by almost every class, rogues more often than not. There does seem to be a bug with some feats/powers/ and top enchants that does damage near a million points. Other threads on this already.
  • Options
    reilnkurreilnkur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did not see the ice knife hit me, but 1 hit on me, than 1 hit on cleric right after as he tried to revive. So even if it was the knife pre charged, he would not have the ability to take the cleric down. I know the ice knife can crit huge as I have done it too. but This was over and over he 1 shot all us which I don't think is possible with any combination.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hmm looks like GF also has a bug doing 2mil+ dmg. I think Cryptic needs to get out the Ban Wagon again. finding an exploit is one things, but using it over and over should be a BAN or wipe. was reading about the GF 1 shot end game bosses there are also videos now out on this too, so I hope the Dev's look into it.
  • Options
    immunetohateimmunetohate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Theres an exploit which allows people to modify their stats (Power in this case).
    Its been reported, so I hope they fix it next patch.
  • Options
    oldtrahmaoldtrahma Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a shame that a lot of fixes have been so slow to come out, I get that there were/are many server issues, but jeez (filter is sensitive)... some of these bugs/"exploits" are pretty ridiculous. Not even counting the myriad of broken feats we have, and in fact so many other classes have as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    guess that's why they call it "open beta" , agree they need to fix the feats and skills too.
  • Options
    foeskynfoeskyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have seen this bugs aswell. got one hitted in pvp everytime i met this guy couple of hours ago.

He didnt just 1 hit me, He killed every player that came in his way with 1 hit. everytime. no skill just normal beating

Its pretty annoying, and also theese players can run trough a dungeon in only minutes looting the best items in game witout even breaking a sweat and that is not fair to us other non cheating players.

I hope this will be removed soon or else theese players will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up economy of AH
  • Options
    onodrakonodrak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    There are videos on the net with over 1 billion in crit damage from a single repel. From what I can tell, its either a bug with the spells that move people, or some combo of gear.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    onodrak wrote: »
    There are videos on the net with over 1 billion in crit damage from a single repel. From what I can tell, its either a bug with the spells that move people, or some combo of gear.

Those videos are from when the Fatebender set was giving +1million% damage rather than 5%. That was fixed last patch. If anyone's 1-shotting, it's not from using Fatebender anymore.

There is a way to increase your power to 80 MILLION or even more, someone made a little hack and posted screenshots of it on the forums a few days ago, but it was taken down. But the fact that someone made a hack just to show it's possible, means that I'm sure more unscrupulous people are using power/crit hacks to get their numbers in the millions.
  • Options
    jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those videos are from when the Fatebender set was giving +1million% damage rather than 5%. That was fixed last patch. If anyone's 1-shotting, it's not from using Fatebender anymore.

There is a way to increase your power to 80 MILLION or even more, someone made a little hack and posted screenshots of it on the forums a few days ago, but it was taken down. But the fact that someone made a hack just to show it's possible, means that I'm sure more unscrupulous people are using power/crit hacks to get their numbers in the millions.

What an actual hack or just another bug, did the clowns coding the game trust the client on damage calculations? If so you can just change your weapon damage value to whatever and one shot everything.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

No its the Valiant Warrior set... And the CW also now has something similar. Insta kill bosses all day long because of the bug.
    I wont say anything about how it works (im sure many do) I just want the Devs to do something about it. This is one of the worst yet... Even T2 is about to become trvial and vendor trash soon while they casually do NOTHING about it. The damage will be done long before they fix.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's another 4-piece set that's bugged for CWs, besides the Fatebender which was already fixed?

I wonder how many other 4-set pieces are bugged. Do they ever test those 4-set bonuses?
  • Options
    isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    There's another 4-piece set that's bugged for CWs, besides the Fatebender which was already fixed?

I wonder how many other 4-set pieces are bugged. Do they ever test those 4-set bonuses?

No they did not. Right now it's the GF's turn. Their exploit is awesome.
  • Options
    gwasgwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    You got double enfeebled and ice knifed for a ridiculous amount of dmg.
    Nessa@gwas - 10,500 Gearscore Control Wizard on Dragon Shard.
    4/4 Castle Never legit. 4/4 Shadow Weaver set. 1/2 Ancient Court Magister.
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    reilnkur wrote: »
    guess that's why they call it "open beta" , agree they need to fix the feats and skills too.

http://imgur.com/hyf5Uo2
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    tsengatsenga Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly control wizards need to have their blink nerfed. its just not fair for the amount of cc they have (freeze, choke and slow, knockback) they also have a much faster shift ability compared to other classes. maybe im just being biased, but i've seen a CW blink about 6x in just 9 seconds which is just so annoying cuz they can kite way too well with their abilities already. either their cc needs to be nerfed, or their blink recharge made longer
  • Options
    zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tsenga wrote: »
    Honestly control wizards need to have their blink nerfed. its just not fair for the amount of cc they have (freeze, choke and slow, knockback) they also have a much faster shift ability compared to other classes. maybe im just being biased, but i've seen a CW blink about 6x in just 9 seconds which is just so annoying cuz they can kite way too well with their abilities already. either their cc needs to be nerfed, or their blink recharge made longer
    Funny, the only really reliable CCs a CW has in PVP are repel/shield, entangling force and chill strike (ROE for debuff, which is pretty much a must in spell mastery). The CCs don't always work (repel doesn't really do anything against another CW/cleric either) and I've been disabled by good rogues for far longer durations than any CW have done, and this is while the rogue dishes out crazy amounts of DPS during their stunlock.

Then you have to deal with a rogue randomly coming up to you in stealth and 1-hitting you with their daily, while CWs have to debuff with ROE/COI first and hope to have eye of the storm/score a crit to kill someone with ice knife.

So CWs, whose main purpose is to CC, can be matched in CC by rogues in PVP (6secs+ chain daze), and somehow CWs are OP/deserve nerfs (to blink)? what?