test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Economy broken

masabooooooomasabooooooo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I bought HoTN and playing since 5 days before the open beta start.
As we paid for early access, most of the HoTN players hit lvl60 when open beta just began, and start playing end contents epics/foundry.

Many bugs found out, and fixed many times but it was too late when it fixed all time.
Many player hit 60lvl with using bugs in about several hours.
Q1. What was the point to have 5 or 3 days early access, if people could use bug and hit 60 straight after open beta?

I saw many bug reports on this forum like dealing over 200m damage with one skill shot, can change your stats on offline and make it online?, easy boss kill by using bug or repeatable kill.

This makes the AH things cheaper and cheaper, people used bug get huge profit. People used bug finish their dungeons so quickly and current hardest dungeon is like joke for them.

Q2. Any punishment for bug users? or just let them do that? No roll backs for them?

Im currently playing is dragon server, but the economy at there is totally broken.
How would perfect world fix this situation?
Post edited by masabooooooo on

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was level 60 before the headstart was over, and I did it simply by questing through every zone in the game. I even spent time on sight seeing, crafting and generally being inefficient.

Those people who leveled in a day through the foundry or by doing that thing in the pirates area would have been 60 within a few days, too. I don't feel that it matters whether it took them one day or three. I also think that the sooner those people have wolfed down the content, the sooner they will move on and plague another game. They burn brightly and die as quickly as a hay fire. It's not really a concern and the real highlight of the game, the user created content, is not impacted by how many people are 60.

I agree that stuff like the out-of-whack set bonus that allows for the several-million of damage in one shot needs to fixed faster. The response time to exploits has been a tad on the slow side. Then again, I see no harm in people dumping epic gear on the market and driving the prices down. It allows me to gear up my alts cheaply, if I want to. However, as in all games, I like finding my own loot, so what these people do doesn't really affect me. I like this game and I sure as hell won't do stuff that shortens the hours of good fun I can squeeze out of it! :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    jnc87jnc87 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Check this bug out then... which HOTN users also have taken advantage of it and people is still gaining AD this way
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Sh_Y4jZqaD4

With all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that has been going on...I wonder why there is not even a wipe or rollback, because everyone knows they won't ban these players ;)

So no wonder the economy is messed up when there are players gaining 20-30k AD every 5 minutes (price dropped a lot because more people started abusing it, so you can guess how much they were earning...millions everday).
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thought they had fixed it so that quest could not be repeated any more or shared or some such.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How is that really a problem? It doesn't generate extra Astral Diamonds, it just shifts them from one group to another group. I hadn't heard of this exploit yet, but if that is why I was able to buy crafting assets (people) so cheaply in the AH, I certainly won't complain! Made crafting more enjoyable for me.

This should get fixed (and posting exploits to the forum is a little off), but it's not a big deal for anyone. In fact, the only one this really hurts is PWE because they sell profession asset bags for 1600 Zen which are greatly devalued by this exploit. I would only be concerned if someone found a way to make a lot of additional, new AD, but since the exchange rate keeps dropping, there is no evidence for that happening.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    jnc87jnc87 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Thought they had fixed it so that quest could not be repeated any more or shared or some such.
    Well, I haven't even done it by myself, but I saw the link on a forum were they were claiming yesterday it was still working. No idea tho.

To the above post, since you say the "exploit" is fine and breaks nothing, then why shouldn't it be posted on a forum? That's such an contradiction...

It breaks nothing...so let's say 500 players exploited it, and got more AD than they'll ever spend.

Not to mention other "exploits" to GENERATE AD without a limit, thanks to silly features and probable being used by botters.
  • Options
    lim3yylim3yy Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course the economy is going to be broken. Look at every WoW expansion, the economy was ridiculous for a couple of weeks until a lot of players got to max level and started flooding the AH with stuff. This is in the same boat, but with a couple of other issues. I think gear is too easy to get, so the AH is flooded with low priced Glory epics, and it's super easy to get the Glory epics (I farmed the whole set in 3 days) and once you've gotten the set there's nothing to do with the Glory except sell the gear, so yeah the econ is gonna be super broken for a while. Also the AH interface sucks which I think deters a lot of people from trying to buy stuff. Also one thing that a person keeps pointing out on beholder is that having no buy out's and 5 day auction time is useless for most players because you'll be 10 levels higher by that point if you're a casual leveler.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jnc87 wrote: »
    Check this bug out then... which HOTN users also have taken advantage of it and people is still gaining AD this way.

Careful, sharing exploits on the forums isn't looked highly upon by the powers that be. How did i know it was a TR in that before i even clicked on it? :P
    I was level 60 before the headstart was over, and I did it simply by questing through every zone in the game. I even spent time on sight seeing, crafting and generally being inefficient.

Same here, just doing quests, not racing, and puttering around got me to 60 before headstart was even over. Gotta say though, i miss how quiet zone chat was. ;)
    I also think that the sooner those people have wolfed down the content, the sooner they will move on and plague another game. They burn brightly and die as quickly as a hay fire. It's not really a concern and the real highlight of the game, the user created content, is not impacted by how many people are 60.

Yeah, i doubt those people will be around long, you can even tell with their comments on how the foundry is useless now, like all it's there for is xp and loots. At 60 those xp farm quests are pointless, and boring, more so than they were if you weren't cap. They also clog up the lists for those of us who are looking for something interesting to do at cap in the foundry.
    Q2. Any punishment for bug users? or just let them do that? No roll backs for them?

Probably nothing will happen, like most games, but i'd hope for a ban on exploiters. I forget the game, Aion maybe, that had GMs drop the ban-hammer on them publicly in game. They showed up with special GM avatars and destroyed them. Being a free game, they can always make a new account, but it would be a nice thing for those who don't exploit to know they are doing something.