test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"This Is Highly Noncanon" Campaign Feedback Thread

kelplanktonkelplankton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
Hi guys. I've got a pretty successful campaign going on the Best page right now, "This Is Highly Noncanon", which I'd like some more detailed feedback on.

You can find both the quests in it by searching for the campaign name, or for my global handle: @kelpplankton

There's currently two quests in it:

Yes, a Kobold Dungeon Master

The story of a kobold that dreams of being something more, a very humor-focused quest with a lot of dialogue and two small dungeons to complete. Opinions on challenge level vary between 'hard to solo' and 'just right'. Some enemies in the second dungeon lack proper attack animations, which I personally feel adds some challenge to otherwise relatively standard encounters.

Any opinions on where I could sneak in some additional detail, feedback on custom map design, and general combat feedback is appreciated on this one. It's mostly 'finished', but I can do a lot of tweaking. Not looking to overhaul anything in here entirely unless necessary.

NeverNotWinter

A village struck by unseasonably cold weather sends out a cry for help- and you're not the first to respond. Work alongside SAM DANGER, ADVENTURE CAPTAIN and his party of misfit adventurers to solve the mystery of this frozen town, save the day, and hopefully not get anyone killed on accident along the way. Again, very humor-focused, but this one is more combat-heavy than Kobold DM, and has more challenging and varied encounters throughout.

This one I need more feedback about combat on primarily- I'm worried some areas might be overcrowded, but I don't want to thin them out if people are enjoying the level of challenge it's providing. One of the goals for the second dungeon of this quest was basically to pit the player against an enormous horde of relatively weak zombies, so they could massacre them all and feel like they're a super awesome adventurer. I'm hoping that worked out.

Considering I'm coming up on over 10k plays total between the two quests, I figure now is probably the time to make a thread about them. So please, check them out, let me know your thoughts, and together we can make these Foundry quests even better than they are right now!

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
Post edited by kelplankton on

Comments

• fnar79fnar79 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello.

I tried your first quest at level 40, and while I found the first dungeon easy enough, the encounters in the second dungeon were a bit tedious. The very first room (I won't spoil the contents) was far more difficult than the last one, and the encounters between took far too long to complete for what they offered by way of an entertaining battle (most of them were in a tight hallway).

There is a huge spike in difficulty between being level 1-30 and being level 40+ and it makes it difficult to find a good balance for your encounter difficulty in the Foundry. I will find some time to play your second one with the same character so I can give you some more feedback.

I didn't rate you down or anything for this, but as someone who primarily enjoys Foundry content I'm finding them to be more and more frustrating and much more of a slog the higher level my character gets.
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love them both. Hilarious dialogue & good premise. I say this even though you rated me 2 stars. That's how much I love you.

EDIT: In terms of anything constructive, in your 2nd quest there was a random dude in the well who was not targetable. 2nd just needs another pass or two for polish, etc.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • fnar79fnar79 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Played your second quest, NeverNotWinter today and enjoyed it more than Yes, a Kobold Dungeon Slayer. The encounters were more manageable partly because of the amount of room you're granted. The humor was funny, though by the end the gag of an NPC continuing to ramble and their conversation getting more and more nonsensical/random was a little worn. Overwrought Backstory Guy was a good gag. I liked the touches you put into the various maps to give them character.

dzogen is right about the guy in the well. If you didn't intend him to be targetable, you might remove his contact flag. Looking forward to your future work.
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude it was hilarious, i loved the dungeon after the kobold took it over. That must have taken hours to build. It was awesome. Keep up the great work good sir!
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • evilsprinklesevilsprinkles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having just done both of your quests, I have to say I enjoyed them immensely. Hilarious and brilliant. NeverNotWinter was more of a challenge, but it was so worth it. No criticism at all from me, hope to see more of your work soon. Genius!

;)
    It was probably me.
  • kelplanktonkelplankton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Just got back to the game after an extended break- I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how I can improve these quests, if there's been any recent Foundry additions that might be able to make them more fun and/or interesting?

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube