test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips for new clerics

javabnjavabn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
I started a Cleric and struggled to get him to L26, then deleted him and started over. It was much easier the second time. Here's what I learned:

- Choose any companion except the Man-at-Arms. You won
Post edited by javabn on

Comments

• quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    javabn wrote: »
    - Choose any companion except the Man-at-Arms. You won

Really? I found the Tank companion to be the best. With their ability to lock down 1 big mob while I cleared the trash, I could pull the whole zone :p In fact I dropped cash for the Golem because I loved the Tank companion that much.

The Dire Wolf that came with Guardian package sucked. At end game tho, you will end up with either the Cat or Stone for the stats. I only pull out the Golem when I solo.

Tip for Tank companion - attack the big mob first so it runs after that one. If you attack the weak mob first it will tank that one.
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • unseenbrawnunseenbrawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it matters what companion you use to be honest... I didn't die once solo'ing from 1-60 using the dire wolf. Just use your dodges and skills correctly and you'll be fine. I think you restarting your toon made it easier because you were getting more used to the class not because of the companion.