test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF paragon paths

ridisi1ridisi1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Which path are people finding the highest DPS from? I've been Destroyer exclusively now and am curious what the other 2 trees are capable of.
Post edited by ridisi1 on

Comments

• crypttwotencrypttwoten Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i want to know why the feat destroyers purpose is so lame it was meant to make me change my play style to not trying to get hit to build determination instead i get this lame feat that yes give my encounters more damage when im unstoppable but id trade all that for proper determination gain from attacks.

im not a tank i don't like to get hit so why give me this feat and make it so lame
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... id trade all that for proper determination gain from attacks.

Answer: Reaping Strike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Destroyer seems to be higher single target DPS with minimal AoE DPS. Focuses on high burst and being able to kill single targets quickly.

Instigator is the AoE King of damage, best for cleaving groups of 3+ enemies and just wading through a field of blood and bodies.

Sentinel is broken at the moment it seems, damage is low and threat generation is sub-par from initial reports, but most people probably arnt playing it right.
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    Answer: Reaping Strike

Serious? I quit using this as soon as I could, the charge on it is annoyingly painful and it didn't seem to do much more damage them the same about in time spending doung sure strike did. Also I didn't notice I was building determination any faster either.

Did I miss something?
    edited May 2013
    trickshaw you need to read we are talking feats not skills it shouldn't matter what attack im using im saying id like to see more than 1 mm gained on my determination bar from this feat from 20k worth of damage
  • asaviosasavios Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reaping Strike is not an answer. Daring Shout is.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daring shout is nice...the only thing i dont like about it is, it doesnt interrupt, you cant move targets away from your casters, it doesnt do damage and - the point why i stoped using it and chose roar - it doesnt fill your action points...
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    it doesnt fill your action points...

It does with the feat.
    edited May 2013
    i still think at least give the destroyers purpose feat better determination gain from attacks don't care about the extra damage its the play style.... NOW I DON'T HAVE TO ACT LIKE A TANK TO PLAY
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i still think at least give the destroyers purpose feat better determination gain from attacks don't care about the extra damage its the play style.... NOW I DON'T HAVE TO ACT LIKE A TANK TO PLAY

Want to trade determination gained from attacks for extra 50% healing off restoring strike?
  • pois0nmanpois0nman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    terhix wrote: »
    determination gained from attacks

Should be a basic GWF mechanic IMHO, it is pretty stupid that it is not, I know we are Tank Hybrids but still no reason for it.
    edited May 2013
    Want to trade determination gained from attacks for extra 50% healing off restoring strike?

you miss read sir that is a different feat you are thinking of the one i am discussing is the one that allows attacks you make to charge determination and unstoppable increases encounter damage by 10%
    but the determination gain is so litle there is no point atm and imo im saying i don't care about the extra damage it was the ability to not have to get hit in combat to gain determination that i was after.
    edited May 2013
    you miss read sir that is a different feat you are thinking of the one i am discussing is the one that allows attacks you make to charge determination and unstoppable increases encounter damage by 10%
    but the determination gain is so litle there is no point atm and imo im saying i don't care about the extra damage it was the ability to not have to get hit in combat to gain determination that i was after.

But that is exactly what I meant, you have 10% more damage from unstoppable and determination from attacks, Sentinel has 20% defense effectiveness and amazing 50% extra healing from restoring strike as the last feat. My point being - as much as I do enjoy Restoring Strike, having a final feat that punishes you for not using a specific encounter power is way worse than a mechanic that gives you little, but still free, determination.

P.S. That was an absolute pain to read with no interpunction >_<.
  • h3rflikh3rflik Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    All the last feats sems pretty sucky and in strenght are comparable to normal feat. They should boost them all, alot. In example:

The first tree (I dont even remember the name of it, its so unpopular here lol) could give something like +50% damage when an ally near you die. Last 10 seconds and dont wanish if you get hit. Additionaly your wicked strike aoe size and attack speed is slightly increased, meaning +20% to it.

The destroyer tree could give something like +20% encounter damage in unstoppable and same to at-wills. Unstoppable now last longer by 35%, the attack speed boost works also on encounters, but the damage resistance it gives is reduced by 50%.

The sentinel tree could give +20% defense +25% deflect severity, additionaly your marks dont wanish when you get hit and the sprint ability give 50% chance to dodge incoming attack.
    edited May 2013
    But that is exactly what I meant, you have 10% more damage from unstoppable and determination from attacks, Sentinel has 20% defense effectiveness and amazing 50% extra healing from restoring strike as the last feat. My point being - as much as I do enjoy Restoring Strike, having a final feat that punishes you for not using a specific encounter power is way worse than a mechanic that gives you little, but still free, determination.

P.S. That was an absolute pain to read with no interpunction >_<.

you know how tempted ive been to just respec to the sentinel tree because of that skill you say is worse.
    im however going to stick this through because i like the idea of determination from attacks.
    saying that this determination is free is a big overstatement the rate is gains is too small to even be considered useful in any situation.
    we are talking minute conversion rates.