test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Control Wizards.

asdfqwertysasdfqwertys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Please read your **** abilities properly and understand from the early levels that you cant FREEZE BOSSES.

Therefor stop playing your useless Chill abilities or at least if you play them for the trash, READ HOW THE GOD **** ABILITIES WORK.

Signed by another annoyed CW watching so many clueless ones ruining the dungeons.

P.S Stop using stupid knockbacks also.

Had to rage since another CW ruined another dungeon with their clueless powers <3
Post edited by asdfqwertys on

Comments

• misterianusmisterianus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree taht there seem to be a lot of players that dont really know how their abilities works right now, but i suppose taht is to expect due to the game being f2p, all kind of casuall/laid back players joins the game ^^

Give it a few months, should be better then :D
  • arrkkosarrkkos Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the knockback use in dungeons is brutal. Especially after you throw singularity and everyone is doing HUGE aoe on the pile of bodies. Right then, without fail, huge knockback. Instant loss of DPS-peen.
  • boconbocon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, so many clueless CW's in this thread who obviously don't do end game heroics.
    If you're a CW and you are dpsing the boss, you're doing something wrong. Every end game boss right now has a billion adds that spawn non-stop. You, the 2 clerics and the GWF should be on all the adds while your rogue solo's the boss. Your job is to use singularity every 10 seconds or less so you and the GWF can AoE them down. Using shield detonate on 6+ mobs will recharge your AP around 50%. So you dump all your AoE on the pack coming out of Sing (about a 50% recharge), then run up and detonate shield. This instantly refills your AP bar and cast Sing again right after. The pack of mobs stay scattered for all of 3 seconds. Rinse and repeat for the entire boss fight.
    You're welcome.
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bocon wrote: »
    Lol, so many clueless CW's in this thread who obviously don't do end game heroics.
    If you're a CW and you are dpsing the boss, you're doing something wrong. Every end game boss right now has a billion adds that spawn non-stop. You, the 2 clerics and the GWF should be on all the adds while your rogue solo's the boss. Your job is to use singularity every 10 seconds or less so you and the GWF can AoE them down. Using shield detonate on 6+ mobs will recharge your AP around 50%. So you dump all your AoE on the pack coming out of Sing (about a 50% recharge), then run up and detonate shield. This instantly refills your AP bar and cast Sing again right after. The pack of mobs stay scattered for all of 3 seconds. Rinse and repeat for the entire boss fight.
    You're welcome.

Started doing this with my group. Used to wipe with GF involved. Astral seal stacking op. That would be all.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    papi032 wrote: »
    Started doing this with my group. Used to wipe with GF involved. Astral seal stacking op. That would be all.

As a GF this post makes me sad.
    edited May 2013
    You're welcome.

That is not the kind of thing I'm talking about. Follow the thread from the top. OP is obviously not talking about smart use of powers that knockback. I was responding to that talking about random, clueless use of powers that shoot adds in every direction. But thanks for the super leet tip. You're the super-est.
    edited May 2013
    [Grumbles] That's not to say you're not right about not dps boss and being on add duty. Many CWs need to learn that.
  • asdfqwertysasdfqwertys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're welcome.

I am not talking about abuse of powers or about what you should be DPSing, everyone knows CW needs to keep the adds of ze cleric, i am simply talking about basic brain usage.

Example 1 of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> CW: Mys singularity is up, pulling mobs in and then suddenly..ICE STORM, not after they drop, while they are pulled..MAD players.

Example 2 of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> CW and the reason i made this post: Using random abilities all the time, probably switching them around and suddenly i saw a Ray of Frost, and not only the fact he used Ray of Frost, he ddnt channel it, he clicked it for a second and released it then random Repel out of nowhere, sending the mob into a pack of only big elites and no minions bla bla bla.

I am talking about that type of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> CW that doesnt even know how Ray of Frost works AT LEVEL 60.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You really should stop calling people the R word, seriously, when you do it's you who looks bad.
    Example 1 of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> CW: Mys singularity is up, pulling mobs in and then suddenly..ICE STORM, not after they drop, while they are pulled..MAD players.

That said, ran a dungeon with another CW who did this and shield pop constantly, and when people complained he said "lol dps". Funny thing is he was third or fourth, after a GWF.
    Example 2 of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> CW and the reason i made this post: Using random abilities all the time, probably switching them around and suddenly i saw a Ray of Frost, and not only the fact he used Ray of Frost, he ddnt channel it, he clicked it for a second and released it then random Repel out of nowhere, sending the mob into a pack of only big elites and no minions bla bla bla.

Eh, some fights it's easy to click the wrong thing or get distracted, or the target goes in the wrong spot (some large bosses seem to drag my target when even part of them is on the screen, no matter where i target.)
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Err, if you knockback just before they get sucked up into it the strength of the pull at that point pretty much negates any knockbacks, which is the best time to use those knockback abilities for dmg.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arrkkos wrote: »
    Yeah, the knockback use in dungeons is brutal. Especially after you throw singularity and everyone is doing HUGE aoe on the pile of bodies. Right then, without fail, huge knockback. Instant loss of DPS-peen.

the knockback is a form of control and for boss fights it's required. deal with it, this is how the game was designed.

arcane singularity>shield explosion over and over to keep heat off the cleric(s)
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Err, if you knockback just before they get sucked up into it the strength of the pull at that point pretty much negates any knockbacks, which is the best time to use those knockback abilities for dmg.

True, but you better be sure you time it right. Obviously, from the OP, these people are not timing it right.
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    the knockback is a form of control and for boss fights it's required. deal with it, this is how the game was designed.

arcane singularity>shield explosion over and over to keep heat off the cleric(s)

Singularity should be cast to drag adds away from boss and off to the side. Then everyone can fire aoe cc and aoe dps on the whole group and achieve combat advantage easily. Throwing everyone around the room after this setup is just accomplished is really dumb. Again, I don't think we are talking about people who use those powers right, but about people who haven't figured out team boss strategy. Maybe they just don't know, but it doesn't seem too hard to figure out by the time you are say level 20.

Also, even in non-boss fights, CW explode trash all over the room, making an easy fight a needlessly long fight.

Burst alone will not achieve high dps. Constant damage with high burst is key. So if you want to use a power that throws everyone out of everyone's range, it needs to be well timed and well thought out.

If people discuss this respectfully without flaming about it, some people might read it and learn.
  • gwasgwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Yes let's begin torturing the CW for their control over the mobs!
    Nessa@gwas - 10,500 Gearscore Control Wizard on Dragon Shard.
    4/4 Castle Never legit. 4/4 Shadow Weaver set. 1/2 Ancient Court Magister.
  • zergilngzergilng Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as a starting lvl 16 wizard all i can say is plesae go to the games wiki and update info on him that way we can learn what to do... i know from try that freeze dont work on bosses (dont only clock tower so far) still more info on common builds and skill can help a lot there so insted of angry posts go do somthing usefull:)
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can understand the Knockback issue being a CW myself. I try to do as little knockback skills as possible, like as of right now the only knockback skill I use is Shield and that is only in a DIRE situation that I would use it.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • dskiperdskiper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reasons I use knockback:
    1) Save the cleric's ***.
    2) Make the adds fall to their death.

But I can see where the OP is coming from, Control Wizard, some people fail to notice the control part...
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I play a cw and I'm getting sick of it myself. There are times where it comes into play such as saving yourself or the cleric from being swarmed. Amazingly though every time I've seen most CWs use this has not been in those situations and just disperses mobs from being burned down, wasted on boss not adds killing the cleric, or knocked mob into area they can't be hit so you get stuck in combat or aggro other mobs in area. Annoying as hell...

As to chill being useless far from it and I can see where someone might target the boss or his area if other mobs are there to to obtain a longer aoe burn on other mobs in the area. Not sure I follow that part of the rant unless it is in reference to them ignoring adds completely and simply trying to burn the boss down.
  • dazlindazlin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not talking about abuse of powers or about what you should be DPSing, everyone knows CW needs to keep the adds of ze cleric, i am simply talking about basic brain usage.

I am talking about that type of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> CW that doesnt even know how Ray of Frost works AT LEVEL 60.

Example 1: As mentioned you can use Ice Storm during Singularity without the knockback - Maybe he made a simple mistake and missed the timing, it doesn't mean he is a terrible player because he made a mistake.

Example 2: Did you ever think maybe he was trying to proc Bitter Cold(you may not freeze boss, but you can put 1 chill stack which falls right off, but procs this feat) and Controlled Momentum(again Repel wont CC the boss, but it will proc this feat), for a damage boost? Or just maybe his target got pulled to the wrong mob, that **** happens all the time.

Maybe just maybe you are one of those people who uses a build from the forum someone else designed and then thinks he knows it all, and any player who uses the class differently is bad.

Who knows, maybe this guy doesn't know how to play CW very well.. Maybe you should help him learn it, explain a few things to the guy.. Calling him a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and flipping out telling him he is bad isn't going to do anything other then put him in the mindset where he wants to ignore anything you say - or even do things on purpose to further aggravate you.

On a side note, it pisses me off when I gather the mobs where I want them, have them nicely controlled, then some OTHER class like Cleric or Guardian knocks them all over the place.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dazlin wrote: »
    On a side note, it pisses me off when I gather the mobs where I want them, have them nicely controlled, then some OTHER class like Cleric or Guardian knocks them all over the place.

Yep...gotta say CWs are not the only ones guilty of this. If they're saving their own skin then it makes sense but nione times out of ten it has nothing to do with that.
  • suxyourfaceoffsuxyourfaceoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with u to a point.. lvl 60 dungens u cant freeze.. but i feel that with the correct group a wizzard that can merk all the add ons fast is a huge plus... Control wizzard.. its in the name.. im able to controll mass group with my abbilties.. yet my tottal damage is a little low.. but the control is amazing... ablie to save foes from chassing adds.. able to whipe most all with a few abilites and move back to boss.. idk.. been great.. but getting into the 8000 + gear score ill let ya know if i have the same turn out. been thanked a number of time for my mad contol.. no one thanks the other wizzard in the group with a higher damage rating..
  • thlaylirahthlaylirah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what...practice makes perfect. I hope I don't get put in a group with you in game. I don't get to play a lot though so I probably won't and since I don't get to play a lot I forget what things do or where they are on my in my belt of magical powers and heck, I still try to click both mouse keys to run like most other MMOs use. This game has been out in open beta for two weeks (and at least a quarter of that time the servers have been down). That's not a lot of time to learn the subtle intricacies of a character even if they are level 60. From what I've seen so far...leveling is pretty quick (and with the easy leveling foundry quests people can hit level 60 without ever having used their skills). Why don't you have a little patience and get over it. It's just a game, after all.
    .gif.gif.gif.gif
  • identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ok CW kick is super if you pull enemy and kick them to hole. But use kick without hole...is stupid.
  • dazlindazlin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok CW kick is super if you pull enemy and kick them to hole. But use kick without hole...is stupid.

Haha just an example I often use my Shield Burst to knock mobs that have managed to escape my pack, back into the pack. Sure it takes practice to get the right distance/angle of a push to land the mobs exactly where you want them, but it is quite valuable. There are so many other uses I can make with this Shield skill, this is just one example. I'm not a huge fan of Repel though because of the distance it knocks back is way to large, I only slot it in Dungeons if it's one where I know I'll be expected to actively knock things in holes, still I prefer shield for this but Repel is a nice backup if I miss one.

Ice Storm, this is a skill I will never use, being that Ice Knife and Singularity ate 1000x superior in every way.

I wish people would understand most are just still learning to play, just because you see one Wizard use knockbacks badly doesn't go and make it a useless strat.
  • identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Repeal is my favourite spell in epic dungeons ;).
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arrkkos wrote: »
    Singularity should be cast to drag adds away from boss and off to the side. Then everyone can fire aoe cc and aoe dps on the whole group and achieve combat advantage easily. Throwing everyone around the room after this setup is just accomplished is really dumb. Again, I don't think we are talking about people who use those powers right, but about people who haven't figured out team boss strategy. Maybe they just don't know, but it doesn't seem too hard to figure out by the time you are say level 20.

Also, even in non-boss fights, CW explode trash all over the room, making an easy fight a needlessly long fight.

Burst alone will not achieve high dps. Constant damage with high burst is key. So if you want to use a power that throws everyone out of everyone's range, it needs to be well timed and well thought out.

If people discuss this respectfully without flaming about it, some people might read it and learn.

i thought that was self evident

singularity to pull them away, aim your shield explosion to push them even farther away.

this works because (along with oppressive force but you shouldnt be wasting your daily on it) these are the only abilities a cw has without the 7 aoe target limit. a LOT more than 7 adds at a time in epic lair of the pirate king
  • winddancer42winddancer42 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zergilng wrote: »
    as a starting lvl 16 wizard all i can say is plesae go to the games wiki and update info on him that way we can learn what to do... i know from try that freeze dont work on bosses (dont only clock tower so far) still more info on common builds and skill can help a lot there so insted of angry posts go do somthing usefull:)

Yes, what this guy said!!! Instead of playing the shame, blame, your a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game why don't you give some constructive criticism and use your supposed skill to help others learn the game! I am new to MMORPG gaming and am still learning to play the game, I really do want to learn to become a great CW. I have just come from the Wiki looking for CW and boss info and it is sadly lacking.
    Also its not just the CW's who mess up, was in a dungeon run earlier on the boss fight and the GF, both TR and cleric were fighting adds While the boss chased my CW from one end of the room to the other, every time I tried to cast Sing the Boss was on top of me.
    Thankyou to all the people who have made constructive posts, they have been very informative. Oh and could someone please start a dictionary for the game as, sometimes I only understand half of what you saying.
  • inmydotinmydot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's so awesum when I use my stalking daily, go into stealth, wait for the last second to hit my lashing and boom, target is gone because some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pushed away my mob and I have 3 skills wasted.
  • mageor0lmageor0l Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013

Do you realize that singularity "overrides" the knockback effects? If you knock enemies back shortly before they are pulled into the hole, the singularity will suck them in, even if the knockback pushed them away from the hole.

Maybe this player had enough "basic brain usage" to realize this and just missed the timing because of lag?

If you use a knockback spell shortly before they are sucked in, you will have all mobs gathered on one point 2 seconds later, waiting for all the aoes you have left.
    If you use a knockback power after they drop, you will throw them all over the place
  • asdfqwertysasdfqwertys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mageor0l wrote: »
    Do you realize that singularity "overrides" the knockback effects? If you knock enemies back shortly before they are pulled into the hole, the singularity will suck them in, even if the knockback pushed them away from the hole.

Maybe this player had enough "basic brain usage" to realize this and just missed the timing because of lag?

If you use a knockback spell shortly before they are sucked in, you will have all mobs gathered on one point 2 seconds later, waiting for all the aoes you have left.
    If you use a knockback power after they drop, you will throw them all over the place

If i made a post about it, then obviously these players didnt do it correctly...

Do you really believe i would make a post about that if people have been doing it correctly? If you knock the mobs off the singularity pull circle before the last 2 seconds the effect gets cancelled, and people keep doing it much more often lately along with using useless abilities that shouldnt ever be used like Ray of Frost, its not lag, its not anything its useless players that dont even know how there are better abilities to use in dungeons.

If there wasnt a reason, i wouldnt be making the post.
This discussion has been closed.