Options

[UGC] Escaping the King of the Ghouls

odoofmetzodoofmetz Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Escaping the King of Ghouls - NW-DALP70L5M
by: @odoofmetz
Tag: Combat
Sub Tag: Story, Crypt, Outdoor

The story is that one Herbert West, a mortician working for the Neverwinter Undertakers Guild has uncovered the truth behind an old wives tale that has circulated throughout funerary circles for generations, that of the White Kingdom, a mythical kingdom of the dead where the dead live lives like ordinary men and neither sickness or age assails the blessed who dwell therein.

Unfortunately for Herbert, in investigating this realm he summoned one of its denizens, an Emissary for the King of Ghouls, Doresain, the abyssal lord who rules over the White Kingdom as its lord and master. After failing to make a pact with the creature Herbert fled, terrified, and has been seeking someone destroy the creature before it is able to establish for its master a permanent foothold in the world of Faerun.

Expect a fair amount of combat with some dialogue, and a pretty engaging story. Please don't hesitate to tell me what you think!

Thanks.

@odoofmetz
Post edited by odoofmetz on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I would love too hear what people think of it and how it can be improved! Thanks so much ^_^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seriously lol... any reviews would be really helpful....
  • Options
    nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to start leveling a GWF exclusively on foundry content and will be reviewing everything I run. However, I'm going to be picking only content I find threads for in the new "Foundry Spotlight" sub-forum, where these quest info threads should now be getting placed. If you recreate this thread over there I promise I will run it eventually!
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • Options
    ofkathriaofkathria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I gave it a run on my level 60 GWF.

The quest has potential and seems fairly well-written, but there are a few things you need to resolve. First of all, at level 60 the encounters are way too tough. I ran out of potions, went through quite a lot of my injury kits, and almost gave up a couple times. Avoid stacking encounters, as they scale up exponentially at higher levels.

There were other issues as well, such as objects in the second mortuary map having dialogue (a side effect of duplicating maps... you're better off just copying and pasting your rooms from one map to another) the exit door at the end of the quest being inside the wall and unusable, and a few typos here and there. I'd suggest running through the quest again yourself, putting yourself in the mindset of a player who's never seen this quest and is running it for the first time. I'm sure you'll notice a lot of what isn't working.